• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Premiere] - Playback glitch when speed ramping over 800%?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I have been encountering glitches in playback while trying to speed ramp over 800%. The project is being edited by a windows user and then he is archiving the project and sending it to me where I then open it and finish it. The glitch happens during any playback or scrubbing in the timeline and it is glitching to an entirely different clip than the one I am trying to ramp.

I have deleted all of the cache files and have even tried starting a brand new cache file for the project but nothing seems to fix it. I have been working with this windows editor and this workflow for over a year and have never encountered this until the most recent projects. We are both running CC 2020. Any advice or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a sample of the glitch below.

[Video] - Speed Ramp glitch over 800%  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem remain if you render the clip?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Upon Rendering I simply get a freeze-frame the second it breaks the 800% barrier. You can see in the example it plays fine during the ramp-up but right at 800% it freezes for the remainder of the playback. 

Render and Replace Glitch 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a very similar problem with speed ramping, but when I exported the video the glitch wasnt there in the export. Try rendering the clip on your timeline and see if that helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon export, It does playback correctly. But I'm not going export the project every time I want to see how a ramp works haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export to an H.264 file the hard drive speed required is the same as any other H.264 video clip. When your are playing back form the timeline with the speed at 800% the hard drive has to work much harder. I am not saying it is the hard drvie but it could be. An M.2 SSD should be OK but a SATA drive perhaps not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andy 1968 , he asked this quenstion on Mar 2020. Is this problem still exist today?

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would I know? I never had any problems. I was letting people know that speeding up the video clips will make the hard drive work harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a simliar problem, mines happens when when simply scrubbing thru a clip. footage starts to glitch out and will show the wrong frame until i unclick, then the correct frame appears Just started happening in the last month. Im on a macbook pro usinng most up to date version PP 2020 btw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, My issue started around the same time and I am on 27" Mac on 10.14.6 OS. Premiere CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Decon,

We're sorry about this. We are aware of a similar issue. Please let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Also, try this workaround and check if it works. For the sections where you need more than 800% change (for example1600%), try nesting the clip/section with 800% change and then apply the 200% change on the nested clip. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet,

Thank you for the response. I am running Premiere 14.0.3 on MacOS 10.14.6. I tried the nesting technique and did manager to get some playback while it seems to still lag once it starts to reach a higher "buffer rate" (Not sure what the terminology is here but if I start the playback further ahead of the ramp I get the glitch but if I start right before the ramp it works most of the time). I have attached a video below to show you and this will certainly work for now until you guy get it fixed on your end. thank you for all your hard work and such a great product!

Cheers,

Devin

https://youtu.be/y-U7loi_GdQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I'm also experiencing this playback issue with speed ramping, making it practically impossible to edit efficiently.

Has a bugfix been released for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, if I set the speed above 800% my preview image is going crazy. It is almost impossible to edit like this. Very annoying! 
Working on: 8-Core MacBook Pro // Pro Vega 16 // OS 10.15.6 // PP 14.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a year has passed since the 2020 release and still no fix for this very important issue. I have been working in 2019 version because there is no fix for this. Speed ramping and time manipulations are an essential technique for the modern video editor, all my edits have that in one way or another.

I am very concerned about the future of Premiere, in no time we will have the 2021 version and this very basic feature is not fixed. And when the 2021 version is released we cannot install anymore the 2019 version, since we can only install the previous version. I am deeply concerned with this and this issue is jeopardizing my usage and continuation in the Adobe Suite. Considering DaVinci Resolve seriously, didnt change yet because I dont have time to learn new software, and thats the main reason Adobe has still many clients, because of the familiarity of the software and people using it for several years now. 

For 2 or 3 times I have contacted support, wich they tell me that are aware of this issue and still, after several updates the problem is still there. 

I AM VERY UNPLEASED AND ANGRY WITH THIS!!

STOP IMPLEMENTING NEW FEATURES AND FIX THIS F...ING VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Decon and fellow editors,

Please upvote this bug: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39039550-bug-report-speed-i...

I will make sure the bug is on the radar for the team. Sorry for the frustration.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think this report is not the same issue we're dealing with here. When speed is set over 800% the playback "jumps" to a COMPLETE different section of the same or even another Clip. It is not just a "chopy playback". 799% works fine (at least while playing back. scrubbing through makes also this issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue.

I have a.

Windows  10

Core i9 7xxx

32gb Ram

Geoforce 2060 super 8gb

500SSD GB

1T HD

And everything works fine till 799% ramping but at 800% everything  goes crazy.  

I have subscription..so I'm on the latest version of Premiere. 

Proxis doesn't help, stay the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 months since I started this feed. Still no fix. unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this week update still no fix. 10/2020 (14.5.0)

I am changing to DaVinci Resolve.

Still problems with interpreted footage and proxies with speed ramps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL having this same issue with my speed ramping and it is now December. How is this not a more important issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in 2021
I have had this issue for alsmost 2 years now waiting for a fix. I had this issue on my MacBook Pro, Windows PC. Same with Canon Footage or iPhone Footage. I tried everything from switching to other Codecs, Proxys, Windows reinstall, upgrading RAM, different GPU Drivers. Since Speedramping is becoming more and more important to me, im switching to DaVinchi, becuase there is nothing more left to do and Adobe doesn't seem to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same problem in April 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have fixed it somewhat but it is still in the Beta Version of Premiere.

You need to download the Beta version. I only made a couple of tests, and it worked. Still needs to be put to test a little more, maybe you can help out.

Someone from Adobe contacted me last week, refering they addressed the issue and to test it out in the beta.

You can check the thread here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/speeding-up-footage-results-in-lost-frames/m-p/11948372#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, April 2021

Anything above 800%

This is affecting most videos I make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines