Highlighted

[Premiere] - Playback glitch when speed ramping over 800%?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I have been encountering glitches in playback while trying to speed ramp over 800%. The project is being edited by a windows user and then he is archiving the project and sending it to me where I then open it and finish it. The glitch happens during any playback or scrubbing in the timeline and it is glitching to an entirely different clip than the one I am trying to ramp.

I have deleted all of the cache files and have even tried starting a brand new cache file for the project but nothing seems to fix it. I have been working with this windows editor and this workflow for over a year and have never encountered this until the most recent projects. We are both running CC 2020. Any advice or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a sample of the glitch below.

[Video] - Speed Ramp glitch over 800%  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Premiere] - Playback glitch when speed ramping over 800%?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I have been encountering glitches in playback while trying to speed ramp over 800%. The project is being edited by a windows user and then he is archiving the project and sending it to me where I then open it and finish it. The glitch happens during any playback or scrubbing in the timeline and it is glitching to an entirely different clip than the one I am trying to ramp.

I have deleted all of the cache files and have even tried starting a brand new cache file for the project but nothing seems to fix it. I have been working with this windows editor and this workflow for over a year and have never encountered this until the most recent projects. We are both running CC 2020. Any advice or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a sample of the glitch below.

[Video] - Speed Ramp glitch over 800%  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 06, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem remain if you render the clip?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Upon Rendering I simply get a freeze-frame the second it breaks the 800% barrier. You can see in the example it plays fine during the ramp-up but right at 800% it freezes for the remainder of the playback. 

Render and Replace Glitch 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a very similar problem with speed ramping, but when I exported the video the glitch wasnt there in the export. Try rendering the clip on your timeline and see if that helps!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon export, It does playback correctly. But I'm not going export the project every time I want to see how a ramp works haha.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a simliar problem, mines happens when when simply scrubbing thru a clip. footage starts to glitch out and will show the wrong frame until i unclick, then the correct frame appears Just started happening in the last month. Im on a macbook pro usinng most up to date version PP 2020 btw. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, My issue started around the same time and I am on 27" Mac on 10.14.6 OS. Premiere CC 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Decon,

We're sorry about this. We are aware of a similar issue. Please let us know the exact version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Also, try this workaround and check if it works. For the sections where you need more than 800% change (for example1600%), try nesting the clip/section with 800% change and then apply the 200% change on the nested clip. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet,

Thank you for the response. I am running Premiere 14.0.3 on MacOS 10.14.6. I tried the nesting technique and did manager to get some playback while it seems to still lag once it starts to reach a higher "buffer rate" (Not sure what the terminology is here but if I start the playback further ahead of the ramp I get the glitch but if I start right before the ramp it works most of the time). I have attached a video below to show you and this will certainly work for now until you guy get it fixed on your end. thank you for all your hard work and such a great product!

Cheers,

Devin

https://youtu.be/y-U7loi_GdQ

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I'm also experiencing this playback issue with speed ramping, making it practically impossible to edit efficiently.

Has a bugfix been released for this yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, if I set the speed above 800% my preview image is going crazy. It is almost impossible to edit like this. Very annoying! 
Working on: 8-Core MacBook Pro // Pro Vega 16 // OS 10.15.6 // PP 14.3.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 1