Copied

I have

iMac Pro (2017)

• 3 Ghz Intel Xeon W
  • 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
  • AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

and

Macbook Pro 16" (2019)

• 2.4GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory

Since updating Premiere I can't even work with basic codecs anymore. Everything is laging, the program crashing. When I pick to work in the depracated OPENCL, I won't even get an image in my program bus.

Last week I was making 6fps GIFs and premiere was LAGGING?!

Today I'm working with footage:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 21.75 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 25.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed -

Stereo Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point -

Stereo Total Duration: 00:00:17:24

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Alpha: None

Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

AND IT'S LAGGIN?! Playback is stuttering even if I've rendered my whole sequence.

I am sorry, but I'm working and this is ruining my whole project timeline. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Both computers are on Mojave 10.14.1.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 14.0 is PURE TRASH?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have

iMac Pro (2017)

• 3 Ghz Intel Xeon W
  • AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

and

Macbook Pro 16" (2019)

• 2.4GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory

Since updating Premiere I can't even work with basic codecs anymore. Everything is laging, the program crashing. When I pick to work in the depracated OPENCL, I won't even get an image in my program bus.

Last week I was making 6fps GIFs and premiere was LAGGING?!

Today I'm working with footage:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 21.75 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 25.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed -

Stereo Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point -

Stereo Total Duration: 00:00:17:24

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Alpha: None

Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

AND IT'S LAGGIN?! Playback is stuttering even if I've rendered my whole sequence.

I am sorry, but I'm working and this is ruining my whole project timeline. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Both computers are on Mojave 10.14.1.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I'm not experiencing too many crashes but definately the studdering and choppy playback. Especially audio dropouts. No crazy 4K footage with CC or effects. 1080p straight out of a canon 5D M iv.

I use the (metal) Renderer.

Have a brand new 2019 imac

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Running on Catalina

Os and Applications run on internal SSD

Footage and working files on external San Disc Extreme Pro SSD usb 3.0

Preview files and redering on a third San Disc Extreme Pro SSD usb 3.0

There should be NO reason this footage stutters and lags with audio dropouts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are determined that we move on to davinci , its the only reason i see, this morning with a client waiting behind me. premiere 2020 take 20 minutes to start working. and two crashes until it starts to run. this is not professional THEY ARE PLAYING WITH MY REPUTATION, MY CLIENTS, MY WORK, MY LIFE and what we do? pay another 60 euros EACH MONTH, 6 months more and i will move to davinci. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

I've actually started getting used to the editing section in DaVinci as I do transcoding, coloring, audio and finalizing there. Should just bite the bullet and get efficient with it so I can stop being aggrevated with Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and right now with after, videos is not displaying if i select metal instead to only cpu 

its incredible....

Adobe you are conscious that the only reason beacuse people pay the subscription is for premiere? the rest of software is easily piraciable, you are earning millions with this and you not have guts, brain or shame to contract 20 scholars and put them to check any (mac and pc) before to share the world? really you think that your clients will be your happy beta testers and also pay you for that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, the Metal integration is non-functional. I have to turn it off to "Software Only" for many tasks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree more. This program gets worse every update. They add more tools I probably won't use and then make the program unusable in the process. Stop adding tools, and just make the program run smoothly, THEN add you can add new tools. Only reason I haven't moved to Divinci yet is I just haven't had time to make the transition, but I bet if I added up all the waiting from program lag I've done, I probably could have transitioned over. Adobe doesn't know what they are doing any more apparently. Shame. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me also add that every time I reopen premiere, my customized workspace is all over the place, every single restart I have to click Window -> Workspaces -> Reset to Saved layout. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to rant here, when you're getting that kind of performance you gotta rant somewhere, I know!

But for best effect, understand ... Adobe Corporate runs on metrics. So ... go over to the UserVoice system and search for similar posts and comment and UPVOTE them. Add new comments. Add new threads if none match yours.

Why? Because that is the place Adobe Corporate gathers metrics from, whether "we" like it or understand it or not.

First, for us users, all posts there are actually read by engineers first. I've talked with one of the engineers who's tasked with reading the UV posts, he reads nearly all Premiere-related UV posts. His biggest complaint ... they're not LONG enough. They don't give him enough information as *this program is stupid* may be an accurate statement but doesn't give an engineer much to go on if all their systems are working fine.

Second, ALL UV posts are collated and passed up to senior managers ... the folks who think of everything in terms of metrics. They determine budgets and such based on metrics.

Give them some metrics. A TON of metrics.

Oh, and as to the comment "they keep adding features rather than fixing" ... well, the entire 14.x series has added what ... auto-reframing? Sorry, they are NOT adding a ton of new features. They've said at MAX they don't have any new features planned for anytime soon. They are focused on performance at the moment.

So give them data. And note ... they got a bunch of crashlogs from my computer over the weekend.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnaks Neil, i will start to do that, 

note: im writing this while premiere is restarting.....

its incredible.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because of the new(not legacy, the new one) title tool not works.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice little swindle they got here. We pay them money to test their product because they can't be bothered to do that themselves. Meanwhile, people are losing money and time they could be spending resting or with their families and friends. That's why I won't be renewing my subscription

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frangtv ...

Over the weekend, I had crash on open ... that's a joy. Crash on exit several times when it was working perfectly, I just closed a project and Premiere, and get the crash dialog pop up. What ... ? Yea.

Plus a few times when I was working color using my Tangent Elements control surface. Oh, and it "lost" the preference setting telling it that the Tangent Panels were associated with Premiere several times.

In between, it ran great. Sigh.

The "new" EGP is actually three years old now, btw ... and finally as of the first of the 14.x releases, has all the keyboard shortcuts that used to only work with graphics within the old Titler able to work with the EGP/mogrts stuff. But that wasn't really much of a change in the EGP function, just the linking of keyboard shortcuts. That at least is working great on my rig.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0