Highlighted

Premiere Pro 14.2 constantly crashing

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, really hope hope someome can help me with this issue as im puliing my hair out. 

Im using Premiere Pro 14.2 on imac with: 

1TB HD and 12GB ram. 

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Now I sit editing my videos in PP when just out the blue the mac shuts down, I'm not using anything else at the same time and only PP is open, no warning nothing it just closes down. The imac isnt overheating ive checked also. 

Its got to the point i have to manually save any changes I make to the edit which is taking up sooo much time. Ive set auto save to 5 mins but really need to stop the crashing. 

I've googled it loads and had so many different things to try but think id make them worse if i did, so over to you guys.

Please help, thanks

Topics

Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 14.2 constantly crashing

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, really hope hope someome can help me with this issue as im puliing my hair out. 

Im using Premiere Pro 14.2 on imac with: 

1TB HD and 12GB ram. 

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Now I sit editing my videos in PP when just out the blue the mac shuts down, I'm not using anything else at the same time and only PP is open, no warning nothing it just closes down. The imac isnt overheating ive checked also. 

Its got to the point i have to manually save any changes I make to the edit which is taking up sooo much time. Ive set auto save to 5 mins but really need to stop the crashing. 

I've googled it loads and had so many different things to try but think id make them worse if i did, so over to you guys.

Please help, thanks

Topics

Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the crash issue.

Does it show any error message or crash report? Check if Premiere Pro is generating any crash logs: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-on-windows-o...

Also, would you mind sharing the details of the footage you are working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to update to 14.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines