• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.3.0 rendering system unstable

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Premiere Pro 14.3.0 patch, I notice that my system will become unstable after using it for any length of time and eventually blue screen with a DPC_Watchdog_Violation.  The software now appears to use the NVidia card a lot more, which is great but I've noticed that a lot of apps using the GPU to calculate with will have issues when running with other apps.  It's as if your graphics card memory becomes unstable.  I think that is happening here.  I have an Nvidia RTX 2080ti card with the latest release drivers.  I switched my projects to software rendering but I always use software 2 pass rendering anyway. I notice even when I choose 2-pass VBR software rendering, the export media function now makes heavy use of the GPU.  If I set the project settings general to Mercury Software it does not use the GPU but that is painfully slow.  I really can't export that way it's not realistic time wise.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit 1909 release.  This is not the only app that seems to render the system unstable after using the GPU for computational purposes.  Games do not have this issue.  I can play games and run benchmarks all day with the CPU and GPU both maxxed out and the system is fine.  Its using the GPU for rendering purposes in this program and in topaz labs programs that seem to be buggy.

IS there some system setting I am missing that would make my setup more stable for software that uses the GPU to render and compute.  Like I said newer games like Doom Eternal etc are stable, they do not have this issue.  It's video rendering packages that seem to do this, and Adobe Premiere Pro in particular.

Enclosed is my dxdiag file.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's a device driver thing from Nvidia.  The problem seems to be new to this latest driver perhaps.  I think I will switch from the game ready to the studio drivers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was the NVidia drivers.  Lately any app that wants to use the GPU in a computational manner has become less reliable.  In this latest driver it got much worse.  I switched to the studio series driver and it seems to have fixed it.  The Game Ready drivers lately really don't play well with video editing apps or even photo apps that make heavy use of the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switching to the Studio Drivers from Nvidia rather than Game Ready helped, but the problem persists.  Maybe 1909 doesn't handle multiple apps using the GPU very well but there's a real issue here.  For now I have to export the project, and be careful NOT to use any apps while its exporting, then reboot to make sure it doesn't lock up on me sometime after the export.  This seems to be an issue with the Topaz Lab Video Scaling app as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines