• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.3.1 crashes when scrolling though the timeline.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite frustrating. Exactly in the same scenario. Every time. I haven't done any heavy graphics in there. Just 3 video sequences in one project file with slides above it.

Link to the recording, which displays the issue:

Would appreciate your help to solve this problem.

My Macbook's specs are:
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4

Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what model macbook?  Since it's got 32 gigs of memory, I'm guessing it's a recent one.   Did you check to make sure that the graphics card meets premiere minimum specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

You might try switching your renderer to software only in your project settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the 16-inch one. Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about this. Have you tried resetting app preferences and clearing cache to isolate any preference or cache corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave? Also, is this happening with any specific project or is it with of them? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset the app preferences, cleared the cache. Still happening. Even deleted all the other irrelevant sequences. Still the same issue.

However, seems like with other projects it's not happening. So I've opened the older saved project and started from there. It was fine for a moment. After a few minutes of work, it froze again.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it occurs quite often. NOT ONLY WITH THIS PROJECT. I cannot work properly. I copy-paste simple size adjustments. Scroll. And it freezes again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell us your source properties and your sequence settings.  And did you try switching your renderer to software only in your project settings?  really difficult to troubleshoot these things unless we approach it in a systematic manner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait, by any chance is this from a screen recording program...?  then the problem may be a variable frame rate.  I also see you've got a lot of nests.  Can you tell us why?  Not that there aren't good reasons to use the nests, just trying to figure out what's going on...  Can you try replacing the nests with the actual edits?  

And here's my prerecorded shpiel about variable frame rate sources

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried setting up renderer to software only - the same issue. And the footage is recorded through QuickTime but it's not nested. I've used in the first sequence a lot of nests since it was a bit different grades and footage had to be put on top of the other this way I've kept it more client and was easier to adjust the size all in the same go.

I'll try to change my screen recordings to a constant frame rate (since I believe they're variable) and let you know!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you find a way to fix it? I think I got the exact same problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moritz_Jonas5C2A

Sorry for the trouble. Do you have nested clips in your timeline? If so, try deleting them and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Works perfectly fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines