• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.3.1 Crashing On Startup

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue on 14.3 and 14.0.
The initial splash screen appears then the submit a crash report pops up straight after.

It was working fine on 14.0 when I was working from home but once I brought the machine back to the office it stopped working completely. The only change has been being on a different network, and using different monitors.

Crash logs also dont seem to generate in the previous place anymore (Appdata>roaming>adobe>premiere pro>logs) so I cant get any info as to why the crash is happening.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello shaun,

I wonder if clearing your preferences and trashing your media cache would help. There may be something left over in those files that isn't supposed to be there.

Preferences: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Media Cache: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Let me know if this works!

can you provide us with more info about your pc system?windows? Mac? Which version? 

if you're a windows user and you tried to clean the cache and to reset the preferences and it didnt't work i think you need to create a new local administrator user account, sign into it and try to open Premiere. If it works that  means that something in the old user account was broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the cache and preferences didn't work. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall which didnt help either.

It's a windows 10 system. I can't create an admin account as its a work PC and I dont have permissions. I've asked the IT team to help but I'm getting a new machine in a month so they wanted to wait and see if that fixed the problem and I can't really wait that long so was hoping there'd be an easy fix.

Can you let me know where the crash logs are saved in this new version so I can share that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Premiere Pro crashes, it places the crash logs on your computer. The crash logs stores relevant information that can help in troubleshooting the issue. Having a copy ready for technical support can lead to a quicker resolution.

Follow these steps to find Premiere Pro crash logs on Windows:

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows+E keys.
  2. Unhide hidden folders by following these instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
  3. Navigate to the following folder to collect the crash log

OS:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\logs

[NOTE: <username> is your Windows user name]

14.0 referes to premiere pro cc 2020 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned in my original post, the logs aren't generating in that location, and haven't at all since I updated to 14.3, so either they're going elsewhere, or thats another issue that I'm having

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issue with this, Shaun? If so, on the launch screen, do you see the component loading in the window at the time the app launch is halted? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Yes still having the issue, and no I don't see any of the component loading. It's just the static launch splash screen and then the crash report window appears before anything happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same problem. Have you solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't end up solving the problem, however I ended up getting a new PC and its working fine for me now. I hope you have more luck getting it fixed than I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines