• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.3.1 crashing when saving MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new version of Premiere Pro 14.3.1 on a fairly new Macbook Pro and occasionally (approx 1 in 4 times) when I go to save I will get the spinning circle of death (waiting cursor) and eventually have to close the program. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried downgrading to version 14.3.0 after reading similar problems from other threads but problem still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Called the online support who removed the Premiere Pro folder from Documents/Adobe which solved the problem temporarily but eventually the problem will occur again. Seem to be reading about many similar issues with Premiere on MacOS. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never easy to diagnose this sort of problem from a distance but please answer all the questions systematically.  can you tell us your source properties and your sequence settings?  How much RAM do you have (and how is it assigned in premiere preferences:  memory and  what graphics card is installed?  Plenty of empty space on your startup drive (at least 20%)?  You might try creating a new user with administrative privileges  in system preferences:  users and groups.  Are you running any other programs at the same time?  Might try quitting everything else.  You might try turning off wifi and disconnecting ethernet.   Try setting your video renderer to software only in project settings...    and resetting preferences and deleting caches might be worth a shot.  Just throwing things out and hoping something sticks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Source Properties:

Type: MPEG Movie File Size: 22.31 MB Image Size: 1920 x 1080 Frame Rate: 23.98 Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - Compressed - Stereo Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo Total Duration: 00;01;01;01 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 Variable Frame Rate Detected

Sequence settings:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 8.13.35 PM.png 

Ram:

16GB of Ram with 12GB alloted to Premiere.

Graphics:

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Storage:

Over 600GB still available

Other:

I first saw the problem when I opened After Effects at the same time as Premiere and then tried to save after linking a file. However, after that one time, I never opened after effects again and continued to see the problem over the following two days. I also tried using the above problem solving approaches (downgrading version, removing Premiere Pro folder from Documents/Adobe and unchecking "Import Workspaces From Project") but this didn't fix the problem. 

One thing I tried that seemed to help was changing the save location of the project file from ~/Movies/<CurrentProject>  to ~/Documents/Adobe/PremierePro/14.0/<CurrentProject> .  However, at this point I was simply trying to binge the rest of the project and finish it before I got another save error. So I'm not sure if this solved the problem or I just got lucky - since the save issue tends to occur at random times using the software for a bit (e.g. I will be working for 15 minutes and go to save and the problem occurs).

If any of this sounds suspicious to you, let me know. Otherwise, I will try the solutions you have suggested when I begin the next project and update this thread if any of them solve the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines