• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.3.1 Freezes/Crashes

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until about last week or even two weeks ago, I have always been able to have 2 or more projects open at a time and able to switch between them in the workspace. Now every time I attempt to open a new project, Premiere will give me the spinning wheel of death that will not change until I force quit. It has been doing this as well as the capture window has been displaying in quarter size and giving me false recording times (like it is in double time or something because it will say it is at 40 min but once the file is done, it is normal size and is only 20 min). The capture thing is workable, but the crashing is a definite obstacle. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled, and the projects are not that heavy for it to just be processing. Any advice?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WTCEditor,

Sorry for the Premiere Pro crash issue.

Is it happening with a particular project or all of them? Does it show any error message or crash report? Also, are you able to open Premiere Pro and create a new project? If so, try importing your project into the new one and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. It happens with all projects. No report, it will just spinning color wheel endlessly. Trying to import a project into a new project presents the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Have you tried closing any other open programs?   What are your source properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer SpecsComputer Specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried closing any other open programs?   What are your source properties?   Iti's difficult to diagnose these sort of problems from a distance unless we approach this in a systematic way.

You might want to reset your preferences.  Don't know if they actually get reset when you uninstall and reinstall.

I think you hold the option key down when loading premiere to do this, but you might want to do some googling.

I'd suggest creating a new user account with administrator privileges and see if that solves the problem.  apple:  system preferences: users and accounts.  If it does, it probably means either something's gotten corrupted in your user settings or another installed app has caused a conflict...

Let us know if any of this helps.  If not, I'm sure we can come up with some further steps.

Once you get a stable OS and application setup, I strongly suggest you create a bootable clone of your startup drive and update it before you do any OS or application updates or application installs.  This way, if things go south, it's pretty easy to restore your system to it's previous working state.  I use something called carboncopycloner.  It's not expensive and there's a free trial.  It's saved my live a few times...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines