• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 14.3 not responding while loading project

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted about this numerous times, really not sure what the heck is going on.

(I have started a new post as this is for another machine in my studio)

Machine specs:

64GB RAM

1TB NVME SSD

Windows 10

Premiere Pro 14.3

Project specs:

Cutting footage to use in sequence.

No footage has been graded, no plug ins has been used. I have only started cutting.

Media: Proress 422, H265 4K drone footage and some MOV 1080P files from a GH5.

(Nothing we don't awlays use)

PLEASE NOTE: NONE of these issues is found in V14.0

Event:

I start new project in V14.3

Import footage: 360GB total.

I spend a day editing cutting footage. No problem! 

Close the app, switch off. Machine stays off for 2 days.

I start machine up. Open project.

As soonas the project starts to load (In right had corner I can see a blue progress bar zipping through files - it stops, freezes and says not responding) I open Task manager and CPU use for app is 0% and app says "not responding"... I Force quit, try again, same issue.

NOTE:

It does not stop ona specific file, its just stops randomly... 

I have tried deleteing Media cache. Does not work.

Immediatly I roll back to V14.0, open project and all is well and works 100%...

Both the machines in my studio do this. At first I thought it was plug ins and grades and projects started in older versions that get taken to new version 14.3 (So compatbility perhaps...).

But this project was started in V14.3, no plug ins used, no effects applied, no grading done, nothing. Just some footage imported and cut for use in sequence.

I have spent hours trying to figure this issue out... Perhaps just an Adobe issue? Dunno...

Any help please...?  I'm SOOOO fed up. The amount of time lost on this issue to date is driving me and my people in the studio insane... 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a rollback to 14.2 a viable option for you? 14.3 is relatively new. I almost always wait until the dust settles before updating to a new version - there are just so many variables that can potentially get disrupted during an update, and even if 14.3 is working for the majority of people, there's going to be some combination of hardware/OS/drivers that doesn't like something. I apologize that this is a more abstract comment, it sounds like you've tried a few of the go-to fixes. You could try using the CC cleaner tool and then re-install (if you haven't already), but again--if possible for you, I would just roll back to 14.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting. Appreciated. 

Version 14.2 does the same... Was hoping 14.3 would have that sorted for our machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, sorry to hear that. Seems like your issue is a bit more obscure. If you do need to roll back earlier than 14.2 I'm sure the bummer would be not taking advantage of the Hardware Encoding, but if it's any consolation, the Software Encoding is more accurate, so at least for final deliverables I think I would recommend sticking with that.

(I hope other peeps continue to chime in with ideas. You can try the CC cleaner tool on one of the systems if you haven't already.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion. 

I have tried it and it does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -I had this issue last Friday.  I think there was a new version of Adobe CC app (the global app manager that runs in the background) that has a conflict with PP 14.3.  What version of CC are you running? Anyway I was working away in 14.3 for a few days and suddenly last Friday after quit and relaunch I could not get the project to fully open (it would hang and beachball).  There was a new update to CC today which may help.  I uninstalled 14.3 and went back to 14.2 and my project opened again and worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after months of this issue, strugglin gand tryin gevry option to resolve it and sticking to V14 this is finally working now with the latest V14.5... 

11 updates later... like wtf.

This was so frustrating that it pushed me to explore other editing suites. 

This was the push I never knew I needed. I bought Resolve studio and have not looked back since.

Hardly ever crashes, faster with te media I work on and al lround pleasure to operate with minimal issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines