Highlighted

Premiere Pro 14.3 UI: I don't like the splash screen

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it seems pretty good. So far. Crossing my fingers. But I just have to whine about one little thing -

Adobe's splash pages have always been pretty medioquer at best (specially considering they make Illustrator - you would think...?) But the new splash pages are soooo ugly! Really. A white library-like card with the same old, dull drawing??  I know you're not Apple - but can't you guys find a real designer to do your splash pages?  

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 14.3 UI: I don't like the splash screen

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it seems pretty good. So far. Crossing my fingers. But I just have to whine about one little thing -

Adobe's splash pages have always been pretty medioquer at best (specially considering they make Illustrator - you would think...?) But the new splash pages are soooo ugly! Really. A white library-like card with the same old, dull drawing??  I know you're not Apple - but can't you guys find a real designer to do your splash pages?  

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you don't like it, Allen. You are not exactly alone, though, I've found—especially if you're not running in "dark mode" on macOS.

I'd start a post on User Voice. Can you do that? 

Premiere Pro User Voice

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am running in dark mode...LOL.  I'll be glad to design a splash page for you -

at no charge!  I will go look at User voice. Thanks for the tip. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried going to user voice but it will not lewt me sign in. Hmm??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't sign in with your Adobe ID? Please try that again. 

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh ... yea, you're right, that new white surround is plain back-side unattractive. To use a mild euphemism for a pungent expression. Ahem.

And the new improved icon is sucky also. What the ... ?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The craziest part is that Adobe makes Illustrator - so they probably have access to some of the top of the line designers...so why isn't the splash page breathlessly gorgeous! But it goes hand in hand - Premiere Pro UI is also pretty dull. Functional, but not exciting. Check out Resolves UI - whoa! So beautiful.   Yes yes, I know, functionality is much more important than skin-deep gloss - but Resolve also gives us better performance. Though to Adobe's credit - this version at least works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e.motion ...

I'm a contributing author over on MixingLight.com, a pro colorist's subscription teaching website. Where my "beat" is color correction and production processes in Premiere.

You would be correct in assuming that I also spend a TON of time both watching tutorials based in Resolve and work with that app myself.

I ... intensely dislike ... the UI of that app. It is so freaking rigid. In Premiere, I build all my own workspaces the way I want them. I can map my Tangent Elements and Ripple to my hearts content.

In Resolve ... it's set in STONE. And they lock down not only their own control surfaces, but also anyone else's gear. At least with BM gear, they mostl try to keep most controls with something to do at all times. You just can't change them around or swap out something that would be far more useful for you.

In Premiere, I can map the heck of out the entire app if I want. And I have with a vengeance.

My biggest UI grip with Premiere is that most of the keyboard shorts are "panel" dependent, so ... you have to change panel focus THEN hit the key-short then change focus back. Drives me nuts.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
allen24 LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picky picky picky. LOL.
I do understand that a flexible interface is a great thing to have. But that is so minor compared to performance. When I put an 8K file into Premier, it may play Or it may not, but it’s certainly not a smooth experience. I put the same 8K file into Resolve and it plays like butter. For me that is infinitely more important. (im playing off an iMac pro with super fast external SSD drives)
Also remember, Premier Pro is a really mature program ...Resolve is in its infancy. i’m pretty sure that eventually they will make undockable frames.
Resolve is not exactly where I need it to be yet… But it’s getting there with each new iteration.
Friend of mine had a 11 minute sequence... and he rendered it Out of Premier and it took four minutes. He rendered it out of resolve and I took 50 seconds!
Power is always more important than flexibility.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines