• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.5 hangs when closing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After completing work in Premier Pro 14.5 when I close the application in Windows 10 (version 20H2), the application hangs and never closes.  I have to force it closed.  

I have never had this occur before the 14.5 update this week.  Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the event from the MS logs 

The program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe version 14.5.0.51 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 8404
Start Time: 01d6aa23baf4c91f
Termination Time: 27
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Report Id: 7002b07f-687f-4dd6-bce4-9a5ce9926fea
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  and does your system meet minimum requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC is an intel core i7-9700k CPU with 64 GB of ram, Windows 10 20H2, Premier Pro 14.5.  I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 and the drivers are current.  As for the source and sequence info, the issue happens without even opening a project.  Just opeing the app and then closing it causes the issue.  The issue only began after the upgrade to 14.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried checking the driver for your graphics card?  There's an option to check for these sorts of issues on startup buried someplace in the preferences.  I'm not on my system now, but you might want to make sure it's turned on.  When I updated recently, I got a message that I needed to update the drive for my graphics card...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes my graphics card is up to date.  I checked that first hoping that was the issue but it wasnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines