Highlighted

Premiere Pro 14.5 not responding

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

After exporting a media file from premiere pro 14.5, I quit premiere pro. About 15 minutes later I tried to reopen the project but got an endless pinwheel. I forced quit then tried opening another project with the same result. Activity Monitor tells me that Pr is "not responding" I'm using a 2013 Mac Pro, with latest OS. Does anyone know why this might be happening? 

Thanks,

Sam

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 14.5 not responding

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

After exporting a media file from premiere pro 14.5, I quit premiere pro. About 15 minutes later I tried to reopen the project but got an endless pinwheel. I forced quit then tried opening another project with the same result. Activity Monitor tells me that Pr is "not responding" I'm using a 2013 Mac Pro, with latest OS. Does anyone know why this might be happening? 

Thanks,

Sam

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, you need to give us your system specs in much more detail

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

and your source properties and sequence settings.

Have you done any updates recently?  Updates often require better system specs...  and there are best practices to follow when updating...  do some searching here for the details.

Do you have plenty of space on your boot drive (a minimum of 20% free space) and 10% on all other drives?  

There's lots of mac troubleshooting steps to take but let's wait until you answer these questions in a systematic fashion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks.

Premiere 14.5

Here ar my system specs:

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 6.32.00 PM.png

I have about 213gb of available flash storage. 

The project, and the 1080p Prores 422 source footage is on an external drive that 8Tb total with 6.45Tb of free space. 

The sequence settings match the source footage. 

I have not updated anything since beginning the project. 

Since writing I was a able to open a new project, then successfully open the original project from within the newly created Pr project. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0