• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.5 Windows Can't Open Up second file...

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 14.5 Windows 10 (2004): Since update I cannot open up a 2nd file... it will get about 3/4 done and never loaded it and have to kill premiere... Every week I make a new video and steal some graphics/layout from the last week one and I can't open it... I thought the last weeks file was bad or corrupt and made new blank doc and imported it fine and saved. Then I opened up the this weeks file and it only loaded about 3/4 and premiere froze so I just started to open any random file and they open fine and then I can pick any other file and try to open it and it does the same thing... so basically premiere 14.5 will only open 1 file at a time... I have removed all cache and peak files and saved previews to test different scenarios and the same thing happens... Anyone else have the same problem?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.   and does your system meet the minimum specs required

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

The system requirements usually get more demanding when you install an update.  

And as a temporary workaround, just reverrt to the previous version of Premiere...  If you've deleted the previous version, you can reinstall it...

And tell us your source properties and sequence settings...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am far above the specs... and have already reverted back to previous version and everything works again... so I can work... there are other bugs too... 14.5 is pretty bad... I am sure others will have this same issue... 

MLL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same issue of not being able to open up a second project still persists in latest update today of Premiere Pro 14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines