• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.7 delete sequence in bin hangs sysytem

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the installation of version 14.6 adding a new track hung the system.  I reverted to 14.3 to escape that bug. This morning I updated to 14.7 in great expectation. All seemed good until I deleted my test sequence. On deletion the system hangs. Further attempts yielded the same error and I also found that changing the timeline preview render codec does the same. 

I am shocked that this Application is so totally ruined and as a professional editor I must consider moving back to Avid Media Composer or migrating to Da Vinci  Resolve. This nonsense has to stop.

Mac OS, Catalina, Mac Pro late 2013 8 core. 64Gb ram dual d700

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before starting with 14.7 you need to delete all media cache.

FAQ: Clearing Cache Method Premiere Pro v14 « DAV's TechTable

mIght not be a mac thing but before and after install I reboot my windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and  trashed my preferences. Uninistalled and reinstalled twice. No difference. 14.6 and now 14.7 unuseable on Mac. Revereted to any version up to 14.5 to restore functionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I reboot beteeen unininstal and reinstal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the precise procedure you suggested and reinstalled 14.7 and then  deleted all cache files using the method you indicated before openiung a project.

Same result. Deleting a sequence causes immediate hang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never update until I check the User Forum numerous times to see if there any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinda hope the developers have done their due dillingence and checked the release for catastrophic bugs before release.

Apparently not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the program hang when starting a new project

If not import old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, pp 4.7 hangs if you delete a sequence regardless of whether it is new or an old project. I'm an ex Avid facility owner. We pioneered shared storage on avid and I've beta tested for them for decades. You don't need to be coy with me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that PP 14.7 crashes on my system too trying to simply delete a sequence from the bin... So along with the still unfixed Control Surface bug that crashes premiere while trying to add add a new audio or video track PP is completely disfuncional at this point... Adobe is going backwards... the core functionality of the NLE is broken... if you can't add or remove tracks or delete a sequence without PP hanging up then why push this beta broken garbage we pay for out to us users... and don't tell me do clear my media cache or reset my preferences... been there done that... it's PP and poor programming... 

My box is way above recommended specs...

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i9 10940X @ 3.30GHz
Cascade Lake-X 14nm Technology
RAM
64.0GB GSKILL @ 1065MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II (LGA 2066 R4)
Graphics
DELL S2721QS (3840x2160@60Hz)
10240MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (EVGA)
Storage
5589GB TOSHIBA MD04ACA600 (SATA )
3726GB Samsung SSD 860 QVO 4TB (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (M.2 NVME (SSD))
7452GB Seagate Desktop SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) )
2794GB Western Digital WD My Book 1140 USB Device (USB (SATA))
5589GB Seagate Backup+ Hub BK SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA))
14GB Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your confirmation. Interesting that we are across two different platforms.  Pretty much confirms it's a core programming error. I reported the add tracks bug also and was hopeful of a fix in 4.7. I concur that premiere is taking leaps backwards rather than steady advances. Adding a quick export menu is pointless as is fiddling with projectassets and sharing if you can't add a new destination track or delete a sequence. We pay continuously for solid core editing capabilities, not silly random addons for niche users. 

I use palette gear controls and a ripple grading surface. If I can't use them either then I am hobbled beyond belief. Resolve beckons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had to revert to 14.4 earlier too, these bugs started after they rushed 14.5 for the adobe Max conference. Hoped, 14.6 would fix! It made worse 😭 also early awaiting 14.7, not looking good. Seriously I get odd bugs slipping through, or stuff on weird hardware but this seems to be system agnostic and not small. I might have to switch to resolve too, which is a shame because I just started with learning adobe first. 

Oh and Ann I was told by another community pro that all 14.X versions should be interchangeable. So what should I beleve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines