Premiere Pro 14.8 Media Pending Issue and ProRes RAW

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY are Adobe so worthless doing programs? Why do you not fix previous problems? and Cause new with new patches?

I payed every month and nothing still works!

Today i did a Total reset because the freaking PENDING MEDIA ISSUE that is still a problem using Prores RAW media.

Windows Reset and reinstall, all programs installed from Adobe, still - same issue, and same problems with hanging and Grayed out premiere CC.... What is this?! a JOKE!?

[Moderator note: Profanity removed[

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
PapeSwe AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PapeSwe_0-1610808971825.png

JOKE!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
PapeSwe AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This update includes several bug fixes"..... Ya right!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
PapeSwe AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, it would be more like this

Complete documentation

NEW bugs we did not check before release... again  

Issues we did not fix in this update (again)

[Profanity removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
PapeSwe AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PapeSwe_0-1610809650840.png

??????

Nikon Z6, Ninja V - Prores RAW... not worked since day 1...... ( if you are lucky... yes maybe for a minute or 2)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PapeSwe,

I had to branch your post from the announcement. Hope that's OK and that we can get more focus on your issue.

Sorry for the frustration. That sucks. Not saying it's not Premiere Pro, but I've heard of a few problems about ProRes media coming out of the Atomos devices and Premiere Pro. Not much lately is turning up on User Voice yet, though. 

Can you download a file that does not come from your setup and see if it works or not? That would help narrow down the problem between the device and Premiere Pro. You can also upload a sample file I can attach to any bug I can file on your behalf. 

Did this work before, or not? Could the settings have been altered on the device? These are things that I do not know, but you might check if you have not.

As a frame of reference, and not to downplay your frustration, if you want to critique Premiere Pro, it would be more effective to do so on User Voice. That is the site for feature requests and bug reports. We're mostly fellow users and just a few of the support folks here and have limited input on the development of the product. In other words, we're not the droids you are looking for. 🙂 Just trying to help you solve any issues to get you going again.

Apologies for the overall experience. Hope we can help.

Thank You,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Echoing Kevin's comments. We all understand the sheer frustration when this or any other app we rely on is bashing the work bigtime. I've had some epic rants here myself over the years. And been very critical of some of the decisions made in "shepherding" this program at times. Both here and in the Adobe booths at numerous NAB and MAX events.

And they still like to see me coming, though I'll tell them rather directly where there are problems. And there always will be some.

I'd love to test some of your clips. If you could post a drop-service link or something to a short one, I'll see what it does on my machines. Most ProRes RAW I've worked with does fine. Some clips have not behaved as I would expect, but then, I've not had reason to have a lot of P-R raw yet.

And the ones that I've had that Premiere didn't like, wouldn't run in Resolve on my rig either. At which point, I'm thinking there's something about that clip that's somehow different than the app expects.

But again, I'd be happy to test the clips here. And like Kevin says, find some online and download and see if they work ok.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines