Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.8 running EXTREMELY SLOW

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good people,

I'm desperate with a problem I can not resolve. The Premiere Pro 14.8 (latest version) I'm using runs very slow, especially when I need to preview a video and it's impossible to work! I'm at point to make a switch to Final Cut Pro which might be a logical decision while I'm using a Mac (3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7)

But wait a minute, there are so many complaints on this subject on the net and nowhere a precise and efficient solution? What is the issue of this "incompatibility"? This is a major problem. I have tried everything to optimize the speed, memory, media cache, GPU, you name it.. no change. 
Please, if anyone had a similar experience and found a solution, I'm all ears. Thank you so much!

Bojan

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ta same problem and i'm so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to tell us how much ram you ... wait, just tell us all the info in one place

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.   You might try installing an earlier version to see if that helps.  There are some basic mac troubleshooting steps you should probably take.  And make sure you have sufficient empty space on all drives:  20% on your startup drive and 10% on all other drives (and more empty space would probably be better).    It's unrealistic to expect Adobe to be able to check the software in an almost infinite variety of configurations...  but if you're willing to spend the time working thru this in a systematic fashion, we can probably help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor :  3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory : 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics : AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Premiere Pro : 14.8

On my laptop MacBook Pro ( 2.5 GHz Quad core/ Intel Core i7 from 2015 ) with a Premiere Pro CC (2015) and OS Yosemite everything goes xx times faster and it's confusing... it's not the point that I go back in the time and try to instal older versions of the program so I could fix my trouble. I just bought a new comp, did an Adobe Creative Cloud suscription and I really need to resolve this problem asap, which I think it's not only mine. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can revert to earlier iterations of premiere 14. (cc2020) or Premiere 13 (cc2019).  and worth a shot.    16gigs of ram is really not enough if you're working with 4K...and to be slightly snarky, I did ask for your source properties and sequence settings..   of course apple makes it impossible in some cases to upgrade the ram and they also have a vested interest in steering you towards finalcutpro.    Personally, I think the fcpx sucks but it may be the best solution for you...   If you want to spend some time troubleshooting and seeing if we can get things working better, post back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice, I'll try to instal some of the older versions of Premiere Pro. As I mentioned in my previous message, my old laptop ( Retina, mid 2014 with processor 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 and 16Gb ram ) works perfect with an older version. I don't think it's a matter of memory in this case ( of course it's better to have 32 or 64, or.. ) but there is some kind of incompatibility between the new versions of Premiere Pro and OS ( Catalina/ BigSur ). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines