Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.8 won't launch: Entry Point Not Found - IngestGlue.dll

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have just updated to Premier Pro 14.8 and am now unable to launch the program. Trying to launch from the CC app does nothing at all. Trying to double click the exe file gives me an 'Entry Point Not Found' error, which refers to a file called 'IngestGlue.dll'

Screenshot 2021-01-15 114303.png

I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find anybody else who has has an error referring to specifically this file.
I've not had any problem running Premiere Pro before this update (However, since the last time I successfully launched it, I have also installed a Windows update and NVIDIA Studio driver update)

Would really appreciate any help with this.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Hi again everybody,

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and this seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this potential solution, michaelh.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

That solution seems to suggest that holding shift+alt when launching the program from a shortcut will reset preferences & plugins?

However, holding shif+alt doesn't launch the shortcut at all, it opens up the 'Shortcut Properties' window.

Is there some other way to reset preferences and plugings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to clear preferences by deleting the folder in UserFolder > Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro

However this has not fixed the problem, I still receive the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again everybody,

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and this seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines