• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14.9 GUI, Effects and Legacy Title Incredibly Slow and Laggy

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently cutting a feature film in Premiere 2020 (14.9). I'm working with offline media--DNxHD SQ (8bit) 1080p, whole 24fps, that came from Alexa open gate footage. I realize working with lots of media can slow things down, but I've been dealing with following issues in both individual reel projects and the full assembly project. At the bottom, I've shared my machine specs and Premiere settings.

My playback is great. No lagging, no stuttering, etc. However, it appears anything that I do in the timeline comes with a 3-4 second delay. Any time I work with the motion effect to reframe, there is a 3-4 second delay. When I save, there is a 3-4 second delay before the project attempts to save. I can pull things up in the source monitor with no delay. And my timeline plays fine without a hitch.

When I'm fine tuning sequences or images, these 3-4 second delays are almost making things unworkable. This project has almost no effects in the sequence other than reframing. One or two clips have warp stabilizer but that's it.

The most recent issue is, I stopped playback on a frame, but the audio continued. I waited ten seconds but audio continued. I saved, thinking it was going to crash but it didn't crash. It saved my project and the audio continued. I opened something in the source monitor and the audio in my timeline continued to play. I quit Premiere (cmd+Q) and, even though Premiere closed, the audio continued to play until it reached the end of my sequence.

I'm starting to get nervous that this project is on the verge of breaking down. 

Has anyone come across any of these issues and is there a solution to potentially make this functional? I started in "reels" as a first pass with each reel having it's individual project. After I completed those passes, I used the media browser to bring in those sequences and media. Currently this project is 32mb in size. When I load the project, it doesn't take particularly long.

I have deleted media cache in Premiere as well as manually deleted system cache (hidden and non-hidden).

Here are my machine specs:

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

4.2Ghz Intel Core i7

64GB RAM

Radeon Pro 575 4GB

If it matters, I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro instead of a mouse.

Here are my Premiere settings:

Premiere Pro 2020 (14.9)

Video Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal)

Memory: 58GB available for Premiere

Optimized Rendering For Performance

Timeline Playback Resolution: 1/4

Timeline Paused Resolution: Full

Here is the hard drive I'm working off of:

G-Drive 10TB

7200 RPM

Thunderbolt 3

This last thing probably doesn't matter, but I also have Premiere Pro 2015.3 all the way through 2019 still installed due to work. Premiere Pro 2020 is the only one that I've experienced acting up like this. It's a bit odd that all my bins are collapsed when I open a project, when I've delilberately kept some open. And the project tab is never in the same place that I leave it. It's as if every time I open something, the project layout resets.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up on this, specifically the collapsed bins---my project panel no longer opens when I open the project. Sure it's in the background, but now it's only a bin panel that opens. I haven't changed a setting on this.

On some of the other original topics, the lag times are getting much where when I'm active in the timeline. If I trim something, or move something, it takes a full 5 seconds to update in the timeline. That being said, playback is great.

This is very much unworkable and will be unacceptable for my client. Has anyone else experienced this or have a potential solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this problem is still unresolved.

I tried everything in my original post, trashing preferences, correcting Adobe folder permissions, creating a new project and bringing in the old one.

If I haven't mentioned it already, to be clear, I started this project in Premiere 2020 (14.9). This wasn't migrated from a previous version. I also tried first aid, incase there was issues with the hard drive, but it seems to be okay.

At this point, the project is unworkable and we're only midway through it. Is my system the problem? If it's a corrupt project, shouldn't creating a new one and importing this solve that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d,

Sorry! It sounds like a corrupt project. Can you try trashing preferences and correcting Adobe folder permissions? Report back after trying these things.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also adding on to Kevin's suggestion here: you can try creating a new project and importing your relevant sequences to that new one. There has been a time or two in the past where this has helped me out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response @Kevin-Monahan 

Pivoted back to this project today and had the chance to try the solutions. Unfortunately, I'm still get 4-5 second delays in everything I'm doing within the timeline, or effect control panel. Again, there aren't many effects other than reframing.

@Phillip Harvey appreciate the suggestion. This project file is "brand new" and the sequences were brought in from other projects via the media browser. From the start, it had issues.

For bleeps and giggles, I created another new project and imported my entire project to the new one, using the "import" feature. I'm still having the same GUI delays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've had several crashes using 14.9 with Mojave, after upgrding to Catalina crashing problems disappeared.

Maybe it's the solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @armi , I appreciate the response.

I would have to double check compatability if I were to upgrade to Catalina. I'd rather not since most everything is stable except for Premiere 2020. I still have open projects in Premiere 2019 and 2018, among other software. It's definitely an option, though.

I'm trying to get on the phone with Adobe but I have to go through my own administrator. Problem is my organization doesn't know why Adobe would say that. I'm waiting for them to reach out to Adobe. Kind of infuriating but it is what it is.

I've been able to postpone in-person sessions but that won't hold up much longer because they're going to want to sit in very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines