• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14 won't startup in OSX Catalina without deleting a folder every time

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded OSX to Catalina, I have to delete the "14.0" folder from "/Users/x/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro" or it won't launch.

How do I make this pain in the butt stop?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Hi everyone.  In case anyone else is struggling with the permissions sinc ethe upgrade to Catalina (as in you didn't give it permission when it prompted you for the downloads, desktop, documents, or removable drives), and you want to change your mind, I figured it out,

Go to your settings, security and privacy, and click on the tab named "privacy" on top.

Select "Files and folders" on the left hand menu and there it all is.  You can select or deselect which applications have which permissions.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.40.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the permissions for the folder?  From the finder, select the folder and hit command-i.  And then go to the bottom of the window for sharing and permissions.   Make sure your active user has full permissions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder permissions are okay, but I do remember after the Catalina update that the system did randomly start asking if premiere could have permissions to different folders and I denied it.

Is there a place I can adjust whatever those prompts were for?  My user has full access but I'm not certian the application does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daveybuoy,

Thanks for reaching out. As @mgrenadier mentioned, this could be a permission related issue. Here's how you can change the permissions for the folder: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlp1203/mac

If that doesn't help then create a new user account with admin rights and check the issue in it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you say folder permissions are ok, but you can't always tell if they are actually ok or not.  And these sort of issues are more likely to happen after an OS upgrade.  As Nishu Kush suggested, creating a new user with administrator privileges may help you see if permissions are actually an issue.   It's also sometimes useful to do a complete clean install of the OS and apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  In case anyone else is struggling with the permissions sinc ethe upgrade to Catalina (as in you didn't give it permission when it prompted you for the downloads, desktop, documents, or removable drives), and you want to change your mind, I figured it out,

Go to your settings, security and privacy, and click on the tab named "privacy" on top.

Select "Files and folders" on the left hand menu and there it all is.  You can select or deselect which applications have which permissions.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.40.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go into this tab, everything except for Premiere Pro will show up. It doesn't let me allow PP to have folder access and therefore doesn't even let me open PP, because every time I do that it asks me to give it folder permissions, and I can't even do that (running macOS Big Sur)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bigsur hasn't been released yet. If you expect premiere to run on it you're
making a mistake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Big Sur Beta. I had to add an allow under full disk permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem. Do you have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running big sur beta?  probably not a smart thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+San4ez55 If allowing it Full Disk Access doesn't work, you might have to use another computer or downgrade back down to an earlier macOS for now until this bug gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THe fix for this is adding premiere pro to the Full Disk Access section of Security/privacy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines