• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 15.0-15.1 hangs randomly on timeline

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro 15.0-15.1 hangs randomly on timeline, didn't tried 15.2 but maybe later.

While i edit, at some point Premiere pro becomes unresponsive and completly hangs the computer, the solution for this is to never open microsoft edge or chrome since i started windows and to disconnect my computer from internet, this is the only way premiere pro works with no hangs.

Computer is 2700x, rx480, 32gb ram and windows updated to latest patches, drivers also up to date.

Thanks and maybe someone encountered this problem and have a solution.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Problem solved, it was a combination of things, media cache files was at 42gb and slowed down premiere pro, i also factory reset the GPU driver and updated to latest premiere pro and now Adobe is rock solid.

The gpu driver was at fault but couldn't point to it right away, when i installed a driver the computer kept locking up and it was difficult to install it, after 3-4 restarts i was able to do it.

I went and delete every little folder, file  and registry entries that had to do with AMD GPU driv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing more information?

Let us know if it improves after updating to the latest version.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating didn't change anything, i found the problem to be the hardware accelerated decoding, after i disable it everything is rock stable.

The files don't seem to matter , i edit the dreaded DJ Phantom 3 files and gh4 files full hd 28mb/s 50p.

I used some 2020 GPU driver before and hangs  so i updated to latest one and still completely hangs entire computer.

Videocard is not faulty, works in games and everything and it's properly cooled, system is rock stable.

Maybe Premiere is not at fault here, my windows instalation is very old, 2 or more years, i will try a factory reset instalation of the GPU driver and try again to see if it's stable and come back with a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved, it was a combination of things, media cache files was at 42gb and slowed down premiere pro, i also factory reset the GPU driver and updated to latest premiere pro and now Adobe is rock solid.

The gpu driver was at fault but couldn't point to it right away, when i installed a driver the computer kept locking up and it was difficult to install it, after 3-4 restarts i was able to do it.

I went and delete every little folder, file  and registry entries that had to do with AMD GPU driver and after that i could install the gpu driver with one restart and not 3-4, after this Premiere pro works as intended.

Thank you for assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines