• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0: after updating to this can I not even do simple masks

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Why is it after updating to this can I not even do simple masks. As soon as I try to adjust the mask it freezes the mask and only allows me to save the project. When exiting the program it just whites out for 2 mins and then finally shuts down. Never had this with 14.8/.9 and now I can't roll back to this because its converted the project to this poor excuse of a upgrade. I've been working on this project for 3 weeks!!! Its not like im running on low grade software / hardware. Never had an issue with PP until this update! Updated as believed this to be a stable and reliable vers.

Need help sorting this out asap as I have deadlines for this project and until this issue is resolve they will not be met!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

well it's never a good idea to do a major update in the midst of a project, but although I haven't installed 15 yet, I did read about the new features and apparently you can now export an xml which will import to previous versions of premiere, so I suggest you do that and revert to the previous version that was working without issues.  

Here's the new features list that describes this in more detail

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/backward-compatibility.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it's never a good idea to do a major update in the midst of a project, but although I haven't installed 15 yet, I did read about the new features and apparently you can now export an xml which will import to previous versions of premiere, so I suggest you do that and revert to the previous version that was working without issues.  

Here's the new features list that describes this in more detail

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/backward-compatibility.ug.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip, i'll try the XLM route. Its the first time I have known it not to revert back. Only used it 6-7 months, so maybe just not spotted as a major release. I could go back to the old file but there has been 6 hours work add to the new one. Was on filmora but that was just not as flexible as PP. Fingers crossed this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked - Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines