• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0 and After Effects dynamic link not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-11 094536.pngSince the update, all of my linked After Effects comps cease to work. They are unlinked, cannot be linked (hangs on a blank composition importer dialogue), and when inspecting the offline file in the project pane, states a "generic importer error". All software up to date & I successfully opened & saved the .aep's in the latest version of AE.

Random issues like this happen with every update, where I have to completely re-evaluate my workflow to achieve the same results I once got. It's impossible to meet deadlines or plan ahead when you can't rely on basic functionality to remain, well, functional. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

L,

Apologies. What is the precise version of After Effects you are running?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue!  I was running Premiere Pro 23 and my system automaticaly updated to the new 2024 versionl upon opening.  It not only duplicated a number of files in my project folder (sigh!) but worse, a number of dynamic links to After Effects files no longer work.  When I tried to reconnect them, I was told that I could not "Import" those files (that were already linked) until I updated to After Effects 2024. So I did. Both programs are now updated And I restarted both programs  The dynamic links will still not work (and still, when I try to reconnect them, it says I need to update After Effects (which I just updated). 

Running on MacOS Monterey (12.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my system automaticaly updated to the new 2024 versionl upon opening. 

By @kateb5678

You can turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines