• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0 and Media Encoder 15.0 crash on launch (macOS)

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!!!

First it started with Media Encoder now Premiere is not opening.

I'm using iMac 27 inch Late 2013 macOS Catalina, 24GB RAM and Geforce GTX 780M 4GB

Beefore the update it was working like a charm. 

Now it doeasn't even open.

Thank you so much....

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Hi Kevin I've found the solution. The elephant in the room is the third party plugins. :))

I've fixed the problem. I deleted the third party plugins which was located /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore here. now it is working.

Thank you all for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

retrodas,

Sorry about that. It's odd except one thing that sticks out: It may be that system requirements is a problem with this version and your computer. You have an older Mac with a newer version of macOS that no longer really supports NVIDIA, yet you still have a NVIDIA GPU. In an iMac, you can't really swap GPUs out.

If this was working previously, you might be stuck with 14.9 as the final version that is supported under this version of macOS and your specific computer. I'll have to wait and see if others are also at a similar crossroads. Rolling back to a previous OS may work, but I am 100% not sure. 

You may want to contact our support agents to troubleshoot your system 1:1 here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Rolling back to a previous OS will not be a solution. According to min requirements for ADOBE 2021 products, older macOS are no longer supported.

Yes I am aware of the NVIDIA Driver problem with Catalina but somehow the problem is not this.

After Effects, Photoshop, Dimension, Animate and Character Animator are fully functioning and I have no problems with them, they are also updated to the latest version.

There is a tiny problem with your latest update for Premiere Pro just like Media Encoder.

I hope you can figure out the problem and solve it soon.

As long as I can understand you'll not be able to solve my problem. At least if you warn the programming department about this I will be really glad.

Thank you for your time.

Have a lovely day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I know, the minimum requirements apply to the LATEST udpate.  There shouldn't be any reason why you can't continue working in the previous version if it was previously functioning on your system (unless of course you update to a later OS which might cause problems).  I have Premiere 2017 on my 2012 macbookpro functioning without issues.  The only serious issue I have with Premierie 2020 on this machine is that the Lumetri Scopes do not appear.   I also have a 2009 MacPro running High Sierra which doesn't seem to have any issues running 2020 (since I've got sufficient RAM and a decent graphics card installed).  I know I"m living on borrowed time on these systems, but they are still functioning CC systems.

I would strongly suggest that you create a bootable clone of your startup drive using something like carboncopycloner which will allow you to revert to the working state of your system if your bootdrive should fail.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using premire's previous version on mcOS Catalina with my imac late 2013. The problem started with Media Encoder and now premiere pro. all other applications are running perfectly including after effects. Yes I've installed the old version of premiere pro and I can do my work there but I want to use the latest version which my hardware and OS can support. This is what we signed for, to use any update which our hardware can support. and yes my system is better than teh min requirements. but it doesn't even open :)) my problem starts with that. I think I must uninstall adobe and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before you uninstall adobe, try creating a new user with administrative privileges in your mac system preferences users and groups and sign out and sign in as the new user.  It's possible something got corrupted in your current user (or a different app install has created issues).  If that doesn't help, be sure and use this to uninstall

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The elephant in the room is that NVIDIA card, I'm afraid. I also have a machine with a similar GPU so I have the ability to test if I update that machine (I'm always hesitant to update macOS). I need to clone the drive first to attempt a Catalina update in case I want to roll back. I need something like Carbon Copy Cloner, as our colleague suggests. It's what the QEs at Apple and Adobe use.

@Michael Grenadier - I am glad you chimed in on this conversation as you have similar machines to retrodas and me. It sounds like your experiences are similar.

With these 2013 rigs, I began to see the EOL around 14.5. I also began to use 4K footage a lot more as I had in the past and I needed to make proxies or transcode to even work with it. 

Next steps is that we need a machine to test with that's in the same state as retrodas' Mac. I'll ask around the community.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Next steps is that we need a machine to test with that's in the same state as retrodas' Mac. I'll ask around the community."

If you do that and find me a guide I would be more than happy :)) you'll save my day.

Thank you Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin I've found the solution. The elephant in the room is the third party plugins. :))

I've fixed the problem. I deleted the third party plugins which was located /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore here. now it is working.

Thank you all for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear about it, retrodas. Looks like the NVIDIA card should still work in Catalina under Metal, does it? Or are you running Software Only in Project Settings? That would be good to know. 

Do you know which plug-ins were the problematic ones? That would also be good to find out...if you have time.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there KEvin,

Old Red Giant plugins caused the problem. But somehow there are lots of plugins causing this problem as I read in the community posts. This may be a bug or something like that :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines