• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0 Captions

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, looks like a bunch of stuff with captions is broken?

Number one for 608 and 708 the only effect that works is Pop-on. Paint-on, Roll-up 2-4 all just act like Pop-on. 

Number two, in the old caption method you would have the actual captions show up as a file in the project window. Is this no longer a thing? Do I really need to make a new sequence for each video I'm captioning? 

I enjoy the new layout and the dedicated timeline, but with the two above issues it's useless for my needs. Is this going to get fixed in the next version or do I have to go back to CC2017 just for proper captioning again?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried the new captions on two seperate work stations just to make sure the Pop-on/Paint-on issue wasn't isolated to just my work station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Paint-on, Roll-up 2-4 all just act like Pop-on. 

How are you testing? Did those options ever show differently in PR preview?

in the old caption method you would have the actual captions show up as a file in the project window. Is this no longer a thing? Do I really need to make a new sequence for each video I'm captioning? 

Yes, it used to be a project item in the Project Panel, and you could add it to different sequences easily. The only workaround I see for now is to copy paste. You can select the captions from a sequence, and paste it (starting at the CTI in the new sequence). 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

I tested the paint on issue by rendering the queue, exporting the video, opening the project in multiple computers and doing the same. No matter what I did, in ver 15.0 all of those effects only act as pop-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I see it now.

You are correct. The roll up/paint on effects were displayed prior to PR 2021 in PR Program Monitor playback. That function is no longer available. 

Bug report/Feature request:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I wonder if the functionality is exported?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines