• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0: could not open the project

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the effort to fix bugs, I've had no problems with Premiere until I updated to 15.0. Since the update I have had nothing but problems.

Talk about a gut punch.

I was in the midst of a project prior to the update, and since updating, Premiere said it could not open the project and had to create a new copy. Problem is, the new project copy shows all of my media offline.

Then, after giving up hope I'd be able to salvage and deciding I was going to have to start over, Premiere won't let me add previously usable media to my timeline?! These are the same files I was editing yesterday, but because of the update I can no longer even get them from bin to timeline!

I've only been using Premiere for a few months now, and I was finally starting to get comfortable, but this is completely disheartening.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Called,

Sorry for the problem. Typically, on major version updates, it's wiser to stay on the current version until you're done with that project. If you must update, take care by first duplicating the project to make sure you have a back up. 

With all projects closed, choose Preferences > Media Cache and delete it. Then, open your project to see if everything is intact. If not, you can try creating a new project and importing the previous project into it. 

Can you try those things and report back?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a relatively new user too, and I'm pretty pissed that I wasn't warned ahead of time not to install the latest update if I'm working on an important project. Now I'm royally f**ked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henry,

You can still reinstall the previous version. Have you tried that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated too and did not know that we shouldn't install the latest update if we're on a working project, that project is now a mess.  A lot of media stuck on pending, it won't render and the AE links are broken. I also cannot export it to an XML so I can revert it back to 14.9. Any suggestions Kevin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting media cache with all projects closed, Jonny. Does that help?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have. Somehow the same issues are there now. Links to video
transitions, to name just one of many things, are dead. The playhead can't
be moved, for another. The computer (a brand new Dell laptop) is running at
nearly 100% of the processor's capacity when I have PP on, and that's when
I'm not doing anything at all with it.

--
Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems strange, Vic. Try duplicating your project and then create a new project. Import the duplicate project into the new one. Does that work? You may have to relink the files.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Called,

Did you ever get your project working again? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you deleted the previous version that was working, you can reinstall it. and if you've managed to do some work in 15 that you don't want to lose, you can export an xml and use it in the previous version.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines