• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0 crash Canon R5 8K RAW

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere Pro 15.0. Now Premiere crashes when trying to playback Canon R5 8K RAW footage (8K timeline and 4K timeline). Playback  is stuttery at first and then Premiere crashes. On previous version playback was somewhat  usable. Also warp stabilizer crashes Premiere when trying to stabilize timelapse footage from Sony A7R IV (JPG). Crash happens when fast analyze is selected. For example Mavic 2 Pro JPGs work fine with Warpstabilizer so it is probably because of huge Mpix that cause the crash. Did a complete Windows reinstall as well, didn't help. Do you test these releases at all Adobe?

AMD 3960X

64GB

2080TI

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can you please try to do these rebooting steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/clear-cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, but those didn't help. Also now the same situation is present in Premiere 14.9. It was working fine and then after update to Premiere 15.0 it is not working anymore. Not even after I reinstalled Windows and only version 14.9. I can't believe how fragile Premiere can be. I would like to have someone from Adobe to comment on this and tell us how well Canon R% 8K RAW playback is in their systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing on an external drive or local drive? can you please check also if the GPU acceleration is on and what is the renderer settings that you're using(project settings - general - renderer)

and have you ever tried to use the proxy flow? It's the best workflow for 4k and 8k footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mercury playback engine GPU acceleration is selected. Before 15.0 update I was able to edit Canon R5 8K raw files from my 10GbE NAS without problems in a 4K timeline (in full reselution as long High quality playback option wasn't selected. With it selected playback result was a freeze and a very often crash). Now Premiere crashes as soon as I hit play in timeline and files are on NVME drive. Funny thing is that when I installed Premiere 14.9 it acts the same way now? I think someone from Adobe needs to take a look at this. I'm just worried that they don't have AMD machines to test these things. On another trouble case with Premiere Adobe employee said that they onhy have Intel machines. I find this very odd because AMD is a big player at the moment. So please Adobe take a look at this. I'm willing to do a remote session with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reach Adobe Customer Support through chat or phone:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person that can help you

Chat is available 24/7

Phone support is available from 5 am to 7 pm M-F, Pacific Standard Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimblah,

Make sure to do a clean reinstallation of the Studio drivers, not the game ready ones. Also, close all projects then go to Preferences > Media Cache and delete all existing media cache. Reboot the computer. Launch Premiere Pro with the Alt key held down to trash preferences. Create a brand new project. Import the footage. Create a new sequence and let us know the results.

See if these steps help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and installed just Premiere and newest drivers, including Nvidia Studio drivers. Started Premiere with alt key held down just in case and created a new project and sequence, but the problem remains. Playback is very stuttery and Premiere crashes almost every time. I also installed Premiere 14.9, but now that also has the same problem. Before 15.0 update Canon 8K RAW playback was fine if high quality playback option wasn't selected. Don't know why I now can't have smooth playback in 14.9 version? I think this is somehow related to the AMD Ryzen 3960X and TRX40 chipset. Does Adobe have a similar setup somehere so you could test it if it works for you? I have sent crash reports to Adobe after a crash so maybe that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of erros sometimes show up before crash:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Kimblah. 
I took a look at your case and found your crash report is due to a "CrmSdk.dll" error. While I check to see if there is a bug with existing footage you are having trouble with, can you try some of the troubleshooting steps for this dll I found in this troubleshooting doc? Hope it helps: https://www.exefiles.com/en/dll/crmsdk-dll/

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion Kevin. That didn't help though. My Windows in just installed and Premiere also. I tried to download the .dll file from the site and replace it in the Premiere directory, but video playback is not possible at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also one additional information that might help to narrow down the issue. Playback is fine for the first time it is started in the timeline. When playhead is moved to another clip in timeline and playback is started again, then Premiere crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news regarding this issue Kevin? I have tried newest beta versions and the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin or someone from Adobe please comment on this. This needs to fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimblah,

Have you tried disabling Hardware decoding in Preferences > Media? Does that help?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Hardware decoding doesn't help. Playback is even worse and end result is also a crash. To me it looks like it has something to do with TRX40 and Threadripper 3960X because on my Ryzen 3900X system there is no crash. And as I said I did a complete Windows 10 reinstall with just Premiere and latest drivers installed. So there shouldn't be any clutter in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still only silence from Adobe. I'm quite disappointed. Adobe please comment and fix this issue. I can't edit my files! I have sent the link to the files to you Kevin, but you haven't replied at all. I'm ready to do a remote session with Adobe so you can see the problem yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines