Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.0 crashes on startup | Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Just installed Premiere Pro 15.0 on a windows 10 PC that has never run premiere again.

Premiere crashes within 5" of opening it, no messages, just send error report. I tried 14.9, same thing.

I read around and there seems to be a problem with Nvidia Drivers/Cuda related and I read the studio drivers might help. I DDU'ed my drivers and installed the same version studio drivers but the issue remains.

Although I have the full suite, I rarely use Premiere but the one time I need it, it won't work.

System specs are:

ROG Crosshair VIII Impact X570

Ryzen 5800X

16GB Gskil 3600

AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 MASTER

Running the latest version of Windows 10 version 20H2, fully updated, no overclocking and nothing else starts up except obviously Adobe and Nvidia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the crash issue. Do you get any error reports? This will help us in investigating the issue.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I found nothing in the event viewer but I must have submitted about 20-30 crash reports using the email the suite is registered to. I think I also uploaded all logs using the log collector tool.

Seeing that I didn't get a reply, I have since uninstalled the whole suite and completed the job on my mac using Final Cut, as I had to finish the edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Greg. You may want to check to see if any of your plug-ins might be causing a conflict. That is a common problem with major version updates. I'll see if I can locate any of your crash logs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the reply Kevin, much appreciated.

I do not use any plug-ins.

As I wrote in my original post, this was a fresh install of the suite on my home PC which has never run anything adobe related before or work related tbh.

I usually use my office PC or my office mac laptop that I bring home but I decided to use my own PC because

a. I needed to work from home and

b. It has significantly more power than the Mac laptop I had with me.

Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately, you are hitting one of the top bugs on Windows (DVAPR-4228568). It goes back to version 14.6. There is no current workaround, I'm afraid, other than returning to an earlier version.

I will keep an eye on the issue and I have added your post to the bug report. I am definitely advocating for a fix ASAP. My apologies on behalf of the team.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin!

I was going to write something else, then reread your response and need to clarify.

You write about reverting to an older version. Do you mean an older Premiere version or an older Windows version?

If it's a Windows v.20h2 issue,  I won't be reverting just for that.

If it's a Premiere bug, I have no problem installing an older version, makes no difference to me. I actually tried to find one but I could only see an option to install14.9.

Where can I find older versions than 14.6?

Also, just out of curiosity. How come I can't find any info or even a mention of this bug anywhere online?

Best,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think im having a similar problem but instead of crashing when opening premiere i cant render imported mov files after recently updating to the latest windows 10 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This crashing on startup is unacceptable, Adobe. Also, is the fact that you've removed all previous versions of Premiere Pro, aside from v.14.9 that has the exact same problem; thus there is no workaround present and your customers are now and have been stuck from doing work. Get your business together and fix this immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines