Premiere Pro 15.0: Freezes and Crashes + Long Exports

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has absolutely ground our company to a halt.  Absolutely nothing works anymore.  Computers are freezing.  Software is crashing.  Exports take hours instead of minutes.  We've run the CC Cleaner and reinstalled, but this update is a complete freaking disaster.  WTH Adobe?  Are you trying to make all your customers lose their businesses?  I'm paying staff to just sit in front of dead computers while your support team tells us to repeat the same "fix" we already did three times.  I am once more wondering how to ditch Adobe and find another editing solution that is more stable.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to the previous version that was working.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues. I had crashes all the time. It was slow after the new upgrade, and it was crashing while exporting as VBR 1 pass or CBR. Only 2 Pass worked. Today I had an adobe font upgrade over Creative Cloud and I got a message inside of Premiere, that i have to restart my export process because a font was changed. I was confused because I did not use any adobe Fonts in my project. Then I restarted the exporting as CBR, and it worked. Maybe it really a font that messed up with premiere.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had to revert back to 14.9

15.0 would cause my system (threadripper 2950x and 64GB of ram) to use 100% CPU while it was generating thumbnails and then it would hang on 100% usage and make my computer unresponsive until either it caused a BSOD or I was able to force quit.

Able to repoduce the issue at will. 

Imported the same footage into 14.9 and 0 issues.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in response to Adobe asking whether my problem is solved.  The answer is absolutely NO.  We reverted to a previous version of all Adobe CC products, so we are working again.  But let's address the real problem. 

The real problem is that Adobe issues updates without adequate testing, so each update runs the risk of creating total chaos for its customers. 

Why would they issue an update without testing? 

Because the corporation has stopped giving a crap about its customers. 

Why have they quit giving a crap about customers? 

Because we have to buy their product whether we are happy or unhappy, so it doesn't really matter to their bottom line.

But understand this, Adobe.  The first chance I get to jump ship and never use your products again, I will jump ship and never look back.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines