Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.1 extremely choppy playback

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I find the 15.1 version almost unusable when editing due to the extreme laggy and choppy playback. Especially after a transition or after a few minutes of editing. Out of curiosity, I opened an older project and it was very laggy as well. Until I opened it in Premiere Pro 13.1.5 (the oldest version I have installed) The playback was WAY smother and only lags a bit on not rendered transitions. 

Why is it that the latest version is so much slower than the older version? I doesn't even matter if I turn down the quality to 1/4. 

I have a lot of .mp4 clips, guess most of them H264 compressed. I used to make proxies to be able to edit faster but after bying a new mac a couple of years ago, that has not been necessary. Until PP 15.1 that is. Material is on an external drive and have worked quite well until now.

OSX Catalina 10.15.7

MacBookPro15 2019

2,4 GHz, 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB, 2400 MHz DDR4

Regards,
Roger

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenos dias, con una maquina tan potente como la que tienes no deberias tener problemas ene editar, es muy probable que tu mac tenga algunos permisos dañados y que el driver de la tarjeta de video este desactualizado.
te recomiendo revisar estos datos y espero puedas solcuionar tu problemas

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry, I do not understand. Can you reply in english?

Regards, Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a little "translate" button on every post if you don't understand the language the response is written in. Essentially he's saying you likely have a video driver problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

So the video driver problem and permission problem would only show up in PP 15.1.0 you mean? I have never updated a video driver on my Mac before. It's not even two years old and have never had any problems with other software. Only PP 15.1.

Regards,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.
After adding some text layers or doing some transitions I have extreme lagging.
2 things happen:
Sometimes I cannot see while I am moving clips on the sequence. Seriously nobody is able to work like this!
The most of the time I am not able to click or do anything in the sequence's timeline. After clicking in the project window I can work again for some seconds - than again - nothing happens!
It is no question about what computer I have. It's a 4500,- video PC with M2-SSD working on!
I cannot find any words in how many times Adobe could pay money to me for publishing buggy releases and loosing time for my customers the last weeks!
I already lost days and weeks! I am really angry! The projcet cannot be opened with previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have "good" news. Re-Install 15.0 and everything works fine. 😉 You can open the 15.1 project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And he is figuring out the point a little more exactly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWKtP23s-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines