• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.1 wrecked my audio

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud updated my applications overnight, and this morning when I opened an interview-based project I've been editing in Premiere Pro, my audio had all been replaced with pink noise. I checked the original files on the drive and they were fine. I took the files in my project offline then relinked them, and still had the problem. I started a new project, imported the media, and got the same result. Fortunately, I know how to downgrade a project file to a previous version, so I did that and everything is back to normal. Why did this happen and has it happened to anyone else?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why it happened, but one thing you can try in the future is deleting your cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask how you downgrade from 15 to 14? 

I tried several ways but it did not work...

Very grateful for advice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions for downgrading are here. 

BTW, it's usually best to start a new topic if your question is unrelated. Otherwise your question might go unnoticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Duplicate your project file. Open the new project file in a text editor such BBEdit. On line 4, at the end of the line, it says "Version=39". Change that to 38. Save. That project file should now open in Version 14 of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always suggest unchecking the auto-update option in the Creative Cloud App preferences. File/Preferences and then the App tab ... then you only get updates when you ask for them.

CC auto update OFF.PNG

I do always have the CC app itself keep itself updated. But that is a separate option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered the same issue. I just recently installed 15.1 (Still have 14.x on the machine, I learned long ago to never delete the previous version) and when I went to do some test runs with existing media (Panasonic P2 based media) all 4 channels of audio were pink noise. I know they weren't that because it was all news stories I have already cut and aired, so definitely a glitch with 15.1 that makes it unuseable as of now. That is the one good thing about news, it is easy to switch over at almost any point since every day is a new project that 99% of the time I am done with at the end of that day, but the downside is, the software needs to work glitch-free, which is not the case right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're working on a similar issue that has been addressed in one of our Beta builds. You may install the latest Beta build from the Creative Cloud Desktop app to check if it's working properly. Please refer to this link to know more about Creative Cloud Beta.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet,

I installed Premiere Pro Beta, and it has cleared up the issue with Panasonic P2 audio. Do you know what any sort of timeline to get that fix pushed to a stable update might be? I am very leery of trying to do deadline news on a Beta build.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines