• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15 captions affecting .mts files

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported an .srt file into my timeline, but the captions are affecting the .mts clips. The .mov files aren't affected. It kind of looks like an opacity issue or brightness. Very strange.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you didn't get a response. Are you still experiencing this?

I have not seen other reports of it, but it sure sounds odd.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out, Stan. I've found that if I remove the LUT from the clip under the caption and reapply it, the clip returns to the correct color. I've had variations of this when I've upgraded Premiere Pro before: I would have to remove the LUT from a clip and reapply it. It's a bit frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. @R Neil Haugen Have you seen this issue generally? With LUTs?

It may be worth filing a bug report. Captions changed a lot in this release. So all is well, you import the srt, which adds it to the sequence - and the change shows?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all becoming very confusing now. Ha! It appears that the problem is disappearing or becoming less pervasive. I exported a frame to show the color difference, but the color appears correct in the export. Also, sometimes if I slightly adjust the placement of the caption, the clip below will revert to normal. (I'm not making this stuff up.)

I'm going to live with it for now, and hope the issue disappates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear Color..." in one Sequence were this issue is present?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue appears to be clearing up on its own. I had to recheck my previously exported video files to make sure that I wasn't crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines