• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15 Closed captions issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone tried using Closed Captions in PP 15 yet and have this issue? (see screenshot)

I have a project that needs closed captions and liked the ability to have a little more control in PP vers. 15. So I installed 15 and reopened my project in that version. (I know, not good to update software in the middle of a project). This is a rare occasion. 

The project was finished except for closed captions so I thought I would try using PP 15 to create them. Everything went fine and I quit the project. When I opened it up later on I found the issue you can see in the screenshot. The support person I messaged with hadn't heard about this issue (it's only been out for 2 days). Hopefully someone else has and there is an easy fix or else I'm going to have to go back to 14.9.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the header bar (where it says 708-1) and choose 'view all tracks', then turn of the track you want to hide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*click on the giant eyeball

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried turning off the track and clicking the eye. It does hide the one I created. The one underneath the two captions. The weird part is that there is only one closed caption track to begin with. Not sure where the other one is coming from. I did do some tests and it appears that it is a ghost track. When I export a video with the captions burned in, only the track that I created shows up in the exported video. It appears that the doubled up, or ghost caption only shows up in the Program window of Premiere. But I can only verify that with a burned in caption.  Not sure about the Side Car file, which is what I have to send to my client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a very similar issue with the previous version of PP where I had CC bugs all the time. I got around it with closing the project and opening it up again. Sounds silly and you probably have already tried it but if not worth a shot.

I would have issueas like when I make changes in the CC window to any of the parameters or change the txt none of the changes would show up on the program monitor until I clos the project and open it up again. The went on multiple times during a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually just the opposite of what you are describing. Everything works great and looks great until I close and reopen the project. Then I get this "ghost" CC box overtop of the one I created. Even if I turn off or hide the CC tracks the "ghost" caption stays in the program monitor window. But when I export the video, there is nothing there. The "ghost" is gone. OOOOH!

Anyway, hopefully this will get fixed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, steveh. This is different than the problem with the prevoius caption workflow where, as ZGR describes, things would go missing.

I have been unable to duplicate the problem you describe. But there is at least one other thread reporting the same behavior with closed captions in the new caption workflow.

That user was Mac. I'm PC. I suggest filing a bug report. I do not see one listed yet.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?category_id=332650

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Got a bug report filed today. Hope the info helps fix this.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up to earlier issue:

I did some more testing and it seems that the doubled up captions boxes only happen when using the 708 standard. If I only use 608 it seems to be fine.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. Can you post a link to the bug report?

Edit: Sorry, I missed that I already had it:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42914085-closed-captions-in...

Another user with this and exporting issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/exporting-closed-captioning-in-ver15/td-p/11907693

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just saw the other user when looking for the link to the bug report. Glad you found it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted your bug report. Are you on Mac?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Mojave / 2017 iMac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some other issues that appear to be Mac related. Don't know if they are related or not.

This issue: Closed caption duplicates where one image can't be turned off. Does not appear in export.

Another issue: Can't embed 608 and /or 708

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines