Premiere Pro 15 Error when importing/reading MXF files

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to version 15 and was opening one of the projects I had which was shot on Arri Alexa Mini with raw mxf wrapped  files. While I was able to open it fine in versión14/14.5 In version 15 of premiere pro it just doesn't want to read properly the mxf files.Files were linked fine before, they appeared offline when I opened the project in v15 of premiere tried to relink the files, it said "damaged or unsupported file codec " and I was like"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT". This for me is outrageous since a newer version should handle better .mxf files and I had to reinstall versión 14 so I can work properly. This is supposed to be a professional editing software for filmmakers and I can't open a simple mxf project? And worst part is in my 10 years of using premiere not once they have fixed issued issues like this on a short term. So I'll have to wait a year or more paying for a software that doesn't deliver on a basic level which is reading a very common .mxf file and dreadful enough I seriously thought my files were damaged . Had to check on AVID if they were fine for godsake.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a short clip you could "dropbox" so someone like me could test on another machine? And see if PrPro has an issue that's wide or it's something else, perhaps local to your machine.

I know a colorist who has a problem with DNx files that are variable bit-rate not wanting to import into PrPro, but I can't replicate that here, so I don't know what's the problem there. Or as I'm on PC and he's on Mac, maybe it's something where the OS is in play.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it inght help if you told us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Updates often require better hardware so it's always good to proceed with caution when you're updating.    And it's unreasonable to expect adobe to be able to check updates against all the almost infinite variations in hardware/OS/peripherals, etc.  Back in the day Avid controlled hardware and software.  It was a true "turnkey" system, and guess what, updates often broke the system...    Not for everyone, but for some...  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines