Premiere Pro 15 - How to show several captions at once?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I was quite excited about Premiere's new captioning feature, since I work with them a lot but I has never been a ver pleasant process. 

I mostly have to burn captions in several languages at once into a video but with 15 I cannot choose to have more than one captioning track visible at a time.

Does anyone have an idea for this or found a solution?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to activate more than one caption track at a time, but you can add as many individual lines as you want in each caption block with the "Add New Text Block to Caption" option from the right-click menu over any caption block. These lines are independent from one another, so you can apply different properties to each of them (fonts, styles, alignement, etc.). This way you can use each line for a different language. Not the most practical way, but I don't see other way around if you want them all visible at the same time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thank you for this tip! I will give this a shot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shandries showed me that this could be done with nesting. See my post explaining:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-caption-t...

See Show Multiple Caption Tracks.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Stan! I will have alook at that 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines