• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 15 (win) crashes when accessing file explorer

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated Premiere Pro on 11.03.21 to version 15. Since then Premiere crashes when accessing file explorer without any notice. I am not able to export a video because when clicking on "filename" to change filename and path the explorer window opens for one to five seconds without content and then Premiere crashes.
Does anyone have ideas?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you generate any crash report, Hans?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

yes I did. Just with the first crash Premiere generated an CrashReport which I sent. The following crashes did not leave any trace. Premiere just terminated without any further notice.
I once had the chance to do a screenshot before Premiere disappeared. The moment was like the others: Explorer opened to change file name and storage place but did not succeed in showing its content. The storage place was local on the notebook.
Meanwhile I had some feelings of success when Premiere did not terminate in this situation after I had pressed the left mousebutton (to open explorer) intensively for several seconds until the Explorerwindow was completely opened. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in miracles.

I just tried it once more: when just pressing left mousebutton for a very short time while pointing on the filename in export panel premiere just freezes. In this frozen mode there is still life in Premiere (see screenvideo) but you have to stop Premiere with the task manager to go on working.

I again tried the behaviour with the long pressed mousebutton: If I press the button for maybe 15-20 seconds and then loosen the button explorer has completely opened in the background and shows the complete window in that moment I loosen the button. Premiere then works like ever before. Unfortunately screenpresso is not able to record the behaviour in Premiere.

So may be my experiences can help you finding the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, now it crashed again and there is a dump which I sent to Adobe automatically (My email-address was included: hans-georg.frank@kramer.de). I tried to enclude the dump-file to this reply but the format *.dmp is not allowed to enclude. Filename is: aae51680-28d3-4e1e-a87c-eb3bba37fd7e.dmp may be you'll find it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines