Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2.0 gives message "Sorry, a serious error has occurred..."

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used PP2.0 for Windows on my Dell laptop since approx 2005. Just recently it gives this message when I try to open any of my projects or try to start a new one. The laptop runs Win XP SP3 (which is no longer supported) in a totally private network (no Internet, so no up to date virus checker).

If I create a new user account, or login as Admin, PP2.0 runs perfectly, displaying the timeline etc as normal. It's just my original user account that is wonky. 
I've tried various keyboard combinations during startup to try to reset PP2.0 preferences but none work. 
So what do I do next, please?

Mike

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2.0 gives message "Sorry, a serious error has occurred..."

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used PP2.0 for Windows on my Dell laptop since approx 2005. Just recently it gives this message when I try to open any of my projects or try to start a new one. The laptop runs Win XP SP3 (which is no longer supported) in a totally private network (no Internet, so no up to date virus checker).

If I create a new user account, or login as Admin, PP2.0 runs perfectly, displaying the timeline etc as normal. It's just my original user account that is wonky. 
I've tried various keyboard combinations during startup to try to reset PP2.0 preferences but none work. 
So what do I do next, please?

Mike

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick to the new account or login as Admin which is preferred.

PP 2.0 is no longer supported and the servers have been taken down. So it cannot be activated again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your version will not activate if you ever need to replace your hard drive and do a reinstall, you REALLY need to have a program that will do a full copy of your current drive to be able to do a restore to a new drive

The product I bought and use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may not only restore the image over a messed up install, you may restore to a brand new drive in case of a hardware crash, and not have to re-install anything (my version 2x DOES require me to restore to a same size drive... I think the current 3x Image program allows restoring to a larger/smaller drive, but check with the vendor to verify)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1