• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2.0

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a weird request but I'm curious how I might go about obtaining an older version of Premiere Pro (specifically version 2.0).

I found a bunch of old movies I had made but when I go to open them in a newer version of Premeire Pro it cannot locate the video and audio. So I'm hoping by using the original version I can get things to work.

Any ideas/suggestions? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but CS2 is now long dead and gone. It is now no longer legitimately available anywhere, and you can no longer activate a new installation of that software any more (because Adobe had permanently deactivated the activation servers for that version of Premiere Pro).

In other words, you're stuck with absolutely no video editing software at all, whatsoever. The only fix for this would be possibly to transcode that footage to something else using a third-party converter tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what is the format of the clips?  media info will probably give you this info.  Here's the download link.  It's free...  

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If you're on the mac, sometimes the mac will have problems seeing what the files are because the mac doesn't always actually include a file extension (like .mov or .mp4).  So if you can figure out what the files are, sometimes simply adding the extension will solve the problem.  I've seen this with old quicktime files that would not open but when I added the .mov I could open them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines