• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2017 - Playback goes back and forth

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved from PPro 2015.4 to 2017 and I have an issue with the playback of my timelines.

When I play the timeline, it does not play the frames in order, instead it jumps back and forth.

00:00:02:01 -> 00:00:02:02 -> 00:00:02:03 -> 00:00:02:04 -> 00:00:02:03 -> 00:00:02:05 -> 00:00:02:06 -> 00:00:02:05

This seems to happen at random, as I have this issue with everything in the timeline, no matter which sequence settings, fileformat or framerate I am working at.

The dropped frame counter says 0 and shows up as green as well.

The problem does not show up in the exported file, but it is unbearable to work in the timeline with this issue.

No problems with PPro 2015.4.

Updated both Premiere and my nVidia drivers

Specs:

Windows 7 x64

nVidia GTX1060

Intel i7 3930K 3.20GHz 6-core

SSD Boot Drive

7200rpm disk drive - PPro and media are on seperate drives

16GB RAM

Here is a slowed down version of my playback monitor where you can see the problem:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

I had to disable the Preferences > Audio Hardware's default input. I set it to No Input. Problem solved. I was also having issues with footage that went back and forth repeating frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evmarti,

What is the source of your media files?

Is this issue specific to these media files or happening with all?

Please clean the media cache and re-launch your project in CC2017.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

I have used media files from both my internal 7200rpm drives and external USB3 drives, but with no luck.

This happens with all the files I have tried so far, h264, cineform, avi, mpeg etc

I have also tried to clear the cache, but with no improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try these steps & check if that makes any difference:

• Open your project, click on File > Project settings > General and change video renderer to 'Software Only Mode' and delete previews.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kulpreet,

Tried what you suggested, but it had no improvement, the issue is still there unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignoring the timecode for a moment, do you see anything amiss with the playback of the video itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video stutters like crazy, but not as if there were dropped frames, it just skips back a frame on random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Is the Lumerti Scopes panel open when this happens?  If so, close it.  Problem still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not have the Lumetri Scopes open no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved: Click the wrench (spanner) icon on the bottom right corner of the program monitor and uncheck "enable transmit" in the menu. (hey Adobe why don't you hire me to answer these questions? You guys aren't.)

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks James, this did the trick! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, James!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

did you have this problem again later?

i have same issue now and this trick with disabling transmist didnt help at all....

Win10 - Premiere prr cc2017.02 // i7 5820k - 16Gb ddr4 ram, ssd samsung pro 850 , gtx970 latest drivers.

maybe there is some other solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I as well have the problem this is the only thing that is the closest towhat my problem sounds like, I tried the check enable transmits but he problem persists. In time I'll figure it out I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s 2019 and I am now having this problem has anyone figured out how to fix it. Unchecking the transmit doesn’t work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. The playback on both Timeline Panel and Program Monitor Panel goes back and forth. This is a highly frustrating experience. Unchecking 'Enable Transmit' did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any headsets plugged in? I unplugged mine and it just started t work.Plugged it back in, and the problem came back. I have the 3.5 connector that has both audio and mic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. this was my problem too. I've been sitting here for an hour, and then i saw your comment and tried unplugging. it worked. WHY IS THIS A THING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to disable the Preferences > Audio Hardware's default input. I set it to No Input. Problem solved. I was also having issues with footage that went back and forth repeating frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*new* correct answer. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five-year-old post, JEFC90...so you get five-year-old info. I always advise you to leave these zombie posts alone and create a new post. Please do that going forward. Let the sleeping zombies lie.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre a — god

Mod note: Please do not use profanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it for me, is this a bug on premiere, where can we report this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hazneliel,

Sorry about that. Here you go. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39205633-regular-video-play...

The problem you are having is not quite the same as the OP. I think this bug report sounds more like your issue. Kindly upvote it, if you have time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't expecting it to help but it did! Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines