• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 amd 2021 hangs at startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro in CC 2018 stops at loading the importquicktime.prm. If I remove that .prm it goes to the next one, exportquicktime.prm and stops. Removing that one goes to the next plug-in. It does not error out, it just sits there. After seeing the many posts and trying to troubleshoot I got Pro15 aka 2021 and have the same issue.

**The problem is only for certain users**. I can access with both my user and admin accounts from any workstation. I have tried:

re-installing CC 2018 and Premiere Pro 15

looking for shared tags folder, but it wasn't present with either version

renaming .prm's to -old

moving the 2 .prm's to desktop

looking for the Adobe Qt32 server in task manager- not present

looking for Intel drive to disable- not present

removing Adobe folders from various locations

copying the Adobe folders from a known working account to the local computer

Adobe refused to help me because I am on an Enterprise license and don't have the account specifics. Please help!! It's been weeks with no success.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried removing plug-ins?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the Importer and it hangs at Exporter. I remove Exporter and it hangs at the plug-in that loads before that, so it's not just hanging on 1 specific plug-in.

I'd like to remind that this issue doesn't happen for me, but for a couple of the users I support. They can open everything else in the Creative Suite. I have no issue opening any of the Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just revisited the beginning of the reported issue and there was a "Directory access error. Please make sure your user directory isn't locked."

I saw mention of an iZotope plug-in that might be the issue, but the name of the plug-in wasn't given.

I changed permissions on the Premiere Pro and Adobe folders to full control before going through the above troubleshooting steps and that did not resolve the issue either. *Note: 1 of the users is a local admin on his machine and still can't open Premiere.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cac14, Did you install a new Windows update? I started with deleting the .json file in the common folder, then renaming the entire Premier pro to .old but, changed preferences [all done by tech support via Bombgar,] After trying many of these suggestions and back and forth with tech support, I just uninstalled the latest Windows Update. From loading time of 1minute and 30s. It now practically loads in less than 30s. Trying to login as an Admin is a bandaid not a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines