• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 doesn't remember my window settings

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using 2018 a few weeks ago, and aside from some "normal" bugs that I experienced when I first used 2017 (crashing, video blacking out, etc.) the most annoying is that it doesn't remember how I position & fill my windows. Every time I restart Premiere, I have to reposition the program, source, project and timeline windows, and re-call my preferred options (effects window, media browser, etc.) My saved workspace preference doesn't seem to remember all this either. I'm using a 2013 Macbook, OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan), and I have an Acer 21" led monitor connected via HDMI. Any fix for this, or do I have to deal with it until an update?

Thanks,

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be loading either standard setups or a previous version of yours, I can't of course know.

So ... have you saved each layout now? I've got what ... four custom layouts, that all appear on the Worskpace bar after I went in and set things where I wanted them to be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one custom layout that I saved, but upon reopening Premiere, the windows are stacked on the Macbook screen, not where I left them, and recalling my saved custom layout does not position them correctly, nor does it add the effects window or media browser tabs. Previous versions worked fine on my setup in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... Ann Bens​, got any suggestions?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the Reset to Saved Layout a couple of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for replying. The Reset to Saved didn't seem to do anything. However, PP does seem to remember my preferred tabs now. The window positioning is still not saved, at startup or when recalling my saved custom setting. Maybe my external monitor is not being recognized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have this problem. After restarting, the program windows are not stored.

Someone solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had nothing but problems with this latest version, including the problem you describe. I opened up a project I was using last night and in my editing window is nothing. Just blackness. I move from one workspace tab to another and everything changes. Sequences I haven't used for weeks suddenly reappear in the timeline window. I've mentioned it a few times Multiple Projects Open Bug?

but have had no joy. I've actually started looking at videos of people making the move back to FCPx and even Resolve. I hope I don't have to move again but I did it when FCP died so you never know. I just hope they can resolve these problems because it's adding a lot of time to my day now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hunt4kelly1​ Have you tried resetting all your workskspaces (aka layouts)? See here: Workspace goes black in Graphics Tab

After renaming the Layouts folder, as described, choose Window > Workspaces > Import Workspace from Projects so that option is unchecked. Restart Premiere Pro. A new Layouts folder will be generated. Now when you rearrange panels, Premiere Pro should remember them between sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stefan. I'll give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem also.  One thing I know now is that Premiere has about turned to garbage.  I spend more time trying to fix bugs and glitches than I do editing.  I'm about fed up with it and considering going back to Final Cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Floating windows pop back to center screen 1 when opening a project. I also use floating windows for some of the plugins that I use everyday, like the Loundness Radar panel. Everytime I switch sequences the window pops back to center screen 1. Really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's work for me. W10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines