Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2019 (2020) shuts itself down immediately when is loading media

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have problem which I didn't find in any discussion.

When Premiere is loading video files (for example 250 files of 4k footage) only via Media Browser it sometimes turns off without any warning. Sometimes appears message "ImporterMPEG (Importer:8)" https://prnt.sc/v5k62m sometimes nothing and then immediately it turns off.

Only way to open the projects is to have all other apps turn off and be really careful how many media it has to load. It means that I have to carefully scroll down via media and wait for loading: https://prnt.sc/v5kgey 

I also observe that the premiere shuts itself down when, for example, I'm looking for something in the web browser or when I'm browsing folders.

Also when I'm working with the big amount of data and it is proper loaded this problem happens.

It looks like that Premiere (or my computer) can't load files, and instead of loading them step by step, it shuts down.

The most strange thing is that I haven't had this problem in the past.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Any way to tell Windows or Premiere that it has to wait for proper loading instead of shuts it off?

I am using Windows: 32 GB RAM, Ge Force 2070, i7 9750H

Cache is empty. Premiere is loading via administrator rights. Render with Mercury Plaback Engine Software Only.

I thought it was RAM, so I have a new one now.

Thank you for any help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

I've always heard "keep a minimum of 10% free space on all drives and 20% on your startup drive."

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2019 (2020) shuts itself down immediately when is loading media

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have problem which I didn't find in any discussion.

When Premiere is loading video files (for example 250 files of 4k footage) only via Media Browser it sometimes turns off without any warning. Sometimes appears message "ImporterMPEG (Importer:8)" https://prnt.sc/v5k62m sometimes nothing and then immediately it turns off.

Only way to open the projects is to have all other apps turn off and be really careful how many media it has to load. It means that I have to carefully scroll down via media and wait for loading: https://prnt.sc/v5kgey 

I also observe that the premiere shuts itself down when, for example, I'm looking for something in the web browser or when I'm browsing folders.

Also when I'm working with the big amount of data and it is proper loaded this problem happens.

It looks like that Premiere (or my computer) can't load files, and instead of loading them step by step, it shuts down.

The most strange thing is that I haven't had this problem in the past.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Any way to tell Windows or Premiere that it has to wait for proper loading instead of shuts it off?

I am using Windows: 32 GB RAM, Ge Force 2070, i7 9750H

Cache is empty. Premiere is loading via administrator rights. Render with Mercury Plaback Engine Software Only.

I thought it was RAM, so I have a new one now.

Thank you for any help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

I've always heard "keep a minimum of 10% free space on all drives and 20% on your startup drive."

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I am using DELL G5 5590, notebook specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

RAM: 2x HyperX Impact 16GB DDR4 2666 SO-DIMM

Windows 10

The main drive (C) SSD KBG40ZNS512G NVMe TOSHIBA 512GB, disk storage: 477 GB, current free space: 91 GB contains system Windows and the Premier Pro is installed on it (also Media Cache Files are located here).

The drive (D) SSD ST1000LM035-1RK172, disk storage: 466 GB, current free space: 30 GB contains source videos used for editing.

Do you need more informations?

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

I have tried to make more free space on drive (D), now there is 182 GB of free space but it didn't help to solve my problem.

To do with this problem, I noticed that in some cases the music track doesn't appear properly? (https://prnt.sc/v5xyzd)

Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need more free space on the system drive for temp and system files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, how much free space is enough?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest 150-200 GB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like that more space on the main disk drive helps. Now I have 150 GB of free space and Premiere is working well.

I have had additional question in one of the replies.

I noticed that in some cases the music track doesn't appear properly? (https://prnt.sc/v5xyzd).

Do you have any idea how to fix it. (Only helps to press Render and Replace by right clicking on the proper file in timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that in some cases the music track doesn't appear properly?

Sequence > Render audio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  icon_biggrin.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0