• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 to Protools compatibility issues (OMF/AAF)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I've been exporting OMFs from Premiere to hand off to audio mixers without issue, but after the 2019 update I've delivered two projects where in each case the sound mixer told me the OMF was "corrupted" and asked for an AAF instead.  They'd have more success with the AAF but there would be tracks completely out of sync and no metadata or labeling that follows.

In each case there are no merged or nested tracks in the timeline.

For OMF, I'm exporting with media enclosed in a single file, trimming audio to 60 frames.

Looking around there seems to be a lot of issues trying to get audio from Premiere to ProTools, but no solutions or workflows offered.  Audio mixers aren't going to move off ProTools anytime soon and I shouldn't have to move to Avid just to accommodate the audio mixer.  Past this, the only thing I can think of is to export each audio track as a separate WAV and tell the audio mixer it is what it is, but I don't find that to be a solution.

What is an actual working solution to to get my audio timeline out of Premiere and into ProTools so audio mixers can start working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone like Jarle Leirpoll​ could answer this ... or Richard M Knight

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users have reported having better luck when exporting the OMF and AAF files from Audition. So send the sequence from Premiere Pro to Audition, and export from there. Worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the arrival of Tentacle Track E recorders I'm now working with 32 bit audio. I just discovered that premiere doesn't have an option for 32 bit audio in AAF or OMF. Does anyone know a way to fix this. I need to send an OMF to a sound designer who works on protools. If this really isn't an option now I'd like it to be a priority feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines