• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 (14.0) Issues - Won't stop playing and glitchy

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm one of the brave souls who always gets the latest updates. But, I'll have to revert for now.

The two main issues I've had with 14.0:

- Frequent frame glitching during playback, at various display qualities (even at 1/4), and after clearing the media cache, downsizing files, etc. This only started happening with this most recent update.

- Premiere won't stop playback, especially in multicam cutting. Can't stop, won't stop. I press spacebar, I click around, I bang my keyboard—to no avail. Sometimes it only does this for 10 seconds, oftentimes I've had to force the program to shut down. Or, it often takes care of that for me with a crash.

Have any users found solutions for this with the most recent update bugs, and Adobe - I love you - is there an ETA on solving these?? 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Laura,

the problem that the playback in Multicam mode does not stop, I have had on my Win10 machine since at least 2 program versions - and have not found a solution yet.
Here we had already made a support request once:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/37636264-fix-endless-play-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....and yes, the problem also occurs in PP 14.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me...

Premiere 2019 worked fine, updated to 2020 on Macbook pro (2019) and Premiere got a lot slower!

Now it wont playback timeline smooth, sometimes it wont stop playing during fullscreen playback, (But lucky for me I could still save and quit premiere using keyboard shortcuts)

Ill have to revert back, because I cant rely on 2020.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my Macbook Pro. Premiere playback is jumpy, even on 1/4 resolution - and this is just with Canon H.264 HD. When I apply colour grade, my computer starts roaring. Never had these problems with previous versions on same computer. Any fixes? I hope Adobe bring out an update soon. This is unworkable.

Mojave 10.14.6

16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea playback won't pause immediately for me either. It started like a week ago. I'd usually just restart the program and it'd be fine. After upgrading to 2020 this problem still hasn't been fixed. How are you supposed to edit efficiently when you can't pinpoint anything with playback? 

I use a machine that's been tricked out for editing so i dont think there's a problem in that respect. 

Premiere is probably one of the worst releases of the 2020 creative cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2020 14.0.1 - and still happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2020 14.0.4 - same issue as you described it guys, exists for me for some time already, do not remember when and on what version it appeared first, but today it got really bad so I decided to look for help. The only result I found is that this critical issue has not been addressed for years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me on 14.0.4 - and this is just during an audio edit - NO VIDEO

This needs to be addressed immediatley - FCP7 wouldn't even do this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mai 2020 - Still no fix. Playback in Multicam won't stop. 
Its not even funny anymore... 

Support request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/37636264-fix-endless-play-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2020, still no fix. Adobe. What are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hearing the concerns from the Win 10 folks makes me rethink my original thought that Premiere is just a Half-& attempt to port what is basically a Windows product over to Mac. We use these products because they are supposed to be Professional, Frame Accurate, and Responsive. "It Doesn't Stop - NO MATTER WHAT!?!?" That's just sad. 

I've said this before, "You guys are ADOBE! You INVENTED most of this stuff!" Why is it now so bloated and clunky. 

(YES, it does some cool stuff, but if it doesn't do the basics well then it's not functional)

I tell myself I'm going to go back to FCP, even though I think FCPX is a JOKE.

Flash forward to CC2021... Optimist ME: "Thank you Adobe for fixing all the bugs and silly things!!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did not happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Had 2 Adobe support guys on my machine fixing everything else... but the problem persists and is making me crazy. I can't edit!!!! premiere pro won't stop playing and the keyboard won't work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a windows 10 machine and this is happening to me too.  Is there any (I mean ANY) update to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2020, still not working.

For GOD SAKE ADOBE WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM FOR MONTHS!!! ENOUGH PAYING ADOBE FOR THIS CRAP SORRY BUT GOING BACK TO DAVINCI RESOLVE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sake of completeness, I would like to write that my system (Win10) has had no more problems with multicam playback since about 14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same thing happen in 15.1.  Simple Multicam edit between 3 cameras at 1080p has become a frustrating nightmare.  I do multicams all the time, but usually I'm working with three layers (zoom interviews) at 720p or 2 cams at 4k for under 5min.  This interview is 45min long.  I've done all the troubleshooting that's been posted already (cache, disabling hardware acceleration, etc.).  There's no fix for this, is there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines