Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 14.3.0 - Frequently Not Responding on Basic Tasks

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the latest version of PP on a slighly older iMac with Catalina (v 10.15.3) and maxed out 32gb of ram installed and as usual with Premiere each update brings with it random glitches or problems that far exceed the new features promised. 

Rather than type out ever single occurance the best way to sum it up is that almost every basic task causes Premiere to not respond either for just a moment or for a few minutes in which case I just force quit and restart. This happens most commonly when opening a new project, closing a project, trying to add an essential graphic, dropping a previous project into a new project. Just basic work flow steps that never used to be a problem. 

Anyone have this general experience? Is there a permissions issue or something I missed that will help me address this road block to getting work done? 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 14.3.0 - Frequently Not Responding on Basic Tasks

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the latest version of PP on a slighly older iMac with Catalina (v 10.15.3) and maxed out 32gb of ram installed and as usual with Premiere each update brings with it random glitches or problems that far exceed the new features promised. 

Rather than type out ever single occurance the best way to sum it up is that almost every basic task causes Premiere to not respond either for just a moment or for a few minutes in which case I just force quit and restart. This happens most commonly when opening a new project, closing a project, trying to add an essential graphic, dropping a previous project into a new project. Just basic work flow steps that never used to be a problem. 

Anyone have this general experience? Is there a permissions issue or something I missed that will help me address this road block to getting work done? 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Can you provide more info about your Mac - you can post a screen shot of About This Mac under the Apple Menu if you remove your serial number.

2) Current version of Premiere is 13.3.1, have you considered updating?

3) What are the properties of your source files, and how is your media stored and connected to the computer?

4) Have you tried trashing your preferences?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
5uper_D LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes, here is a screenshot. 

2) I will not be updating for some time, every single update since 2018 has caused a mixed amount of issues that make regret thinking basic functions will remain in tact. I'd go back to PP 2019 if I didnt already have so many projects built in PP 2020. 

3) To many different properties to name. I am a videographer and use many cameras, most files are either mp4 or movs but all at different aspect ratios, frame rates, bit rates. I also occassionally color correct with DaVinci Resolve and don't have trouble with the same source files.

4) Yes, no change.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.18.24 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0