Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 Audio Cuts Out

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having issues with audio tracks dropping in and out during playback both on the timeline and in preview window. Clips will play for a couple seconds and then the audio drops out, sometimes it comes hack, other times have to stop and start the clip only to have it happen again a few seconds later. On timeline one audio clip will drop while another continues to play. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Computer specs

Operating system: windows 10 pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel i9-7980 18 core

Motherboard: msi x299 gaming pro carbon

Memory: 64gb ddr4 3000

Graphics card: asus geforce gtx 1060 6gb

Ssd: samsung evo 7 pro 1tb

Hdd: Seagate barracuda 2tb

TOPICS
Audio, Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 Audio Cuts Out

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having issues with audio tracks dropping in and out during playback both on the timeline and in preview window. Clips will play for a couple seconds and then the audio drops out, sometimes it comes hack, other times have to stop and start the clip only to have it happen again a few seconds later. On timeline one audio clip will drop while another continues to play. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Computer specs

Operating system: windows 10 pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel i9-7980 18 core

Motherboard: msi x299 gaming pro carbon

Memory: 64gb ddr4 3000

Graphics card: asus geforce gtx 1060 6gb

Ssd: samsung evo 7 pro 1tb

Hdd: Seagate barracuda 2tb

TOPICS
Audio, Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you left out:  the properties of your source clips (codec, frame rate, etc).  By any chance was the material shot on an iphone.  If so, post back and I'll tell you the secret handshake to resolve this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. Similar specs.  And yes, shot on iPhone in 4K filmic pro 100MB/s.  Looking forward to that secret handshake info.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shane,
Hope you're doing well. So—OP does not list a high speed media drive in their specs. That's the missing link. Do you have one? If not, you need one, particularly for H.264/HEVC media. No can do? Create proxies using 720P ProRes Proxy files. That's what I do. Consider that your NLE is part of a "system" and needs certain hardware and/or an adjustment of workflow to get things cooking right. I hope I can assist with finding that balance for you. C'mon back with questions, my friend.

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathaniel,

Sorry about this. Check your Sequence Settings. Make sure that the Audio > Sample Rate matches the sample rate found in the clip's properties. Also make sure your media resides on a separate high speed media drive.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this problem. Audio tracks randomly drop out during playback on the timeline. Only certain audio tracks drop out, while others playback normally. For instance, voice audio tracks on my sequence would frequently drop about 30 dB to be almost inaudible during playback while the rest of the mix played normally.  It would happen at audio cuts where soundbites were edited together.  Several clips would play normally and then it would happen.  Sometimes you could go right back to the almost inaudible clip and it would play normally.  Sometimes you could play it 10 times and the same clip would keep dropping low, along with the clips after it. I have tried deleteing/rebuilding the media cache and changing the renderer (currently using Metal). I have checked the sample rate on my sequence and clips, and all match (48000 Hz). Some of the affected audio clips are .wav and some are MXF.

Computer specs

Operating system: mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Processor: 4.2 GHz Intel Cote i7

Memory: 64gb ddr4 2400 MHz

Graphics card: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Renderer: Metal

Media is stored on a high speed external drive: Glyph Blackbox Pro 8TB connected by USB-C (3.1).

Audio File Properties

Type: MXF  

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - 4 Channels

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 4 Channels

MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

File generated by: Sony, Mem (2.00)

AVC Long GOP High 4:2:2 Profile 10-bit Unconstrained Coding

Bitstream Format: Sony

Class 50

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every F-ing time there is a forced update... something doesn't work after it.  Why am I spending nearly $700 a year for Adobe to screw me, my work and my deadlines.  I'm seriously tired of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by a "forced update?"  I have multiple versions of Premiere on my system and can choose which is the default app when I launch the app by opening a project file...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine.... it is still an offered update and the audio no longer works.  Same project... same drive... different premiere update.  Why do so many of your updates have some many bugs.  1 Year of Adobe CC is nearly equal to the price of Black Magic Studio.  You need to get your heads out of your ....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, it works just fine for me... and never had any serious issues with an update.   I've had some serious issues with resolve.  great for color correction, not so great for editing and if you're media goes offline or there are issues importing it in the first place...   good luck with that...    Every system has it's pluses and minuses. 

If you want to work on solving your issues, start a new thread and we'll try and help.    You might want to start by telling us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem...... until I did Squence+Render entire work area.  I tried to go the proxies route but it seemed like it took a long time to get the media through the proxies.  This process seemed to be a lot faster.

Test the above and let me know if it works for you.   I'm not an Adobe support person, just a dude that't been reading these threads for last five months.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0