Highlighted

Premiere Pro 2020 CC high cpu usage when window is maximized

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

If I mamximize the PP window (with a project loaded), CPU usage is 86%, even if I am doing nothing. If the window size is minimized or less than maximized (with a project loaded), CPU usage is less than 2%. That explains why my laptop fan goes crazy every time I have a project opened and the PP window maximized. If the screen is maximized with no project loaded, CPU usage is less than 2%.

Is this a bug?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro 2020 CC high cpu usage when window is maximized

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

If I mamximize the PP window (with a project loaded), CPU usage is 86%, even if I am doing nothing. If the window size is minimized or less than maximized (with a project loaded), CPU usage is less than 2%. That explains why my laptop fan goes crazy every time I have a project opened and the PP window maximized. If the screen is maximized with no project loaded, CPU usage is less than 2%.

Is this a bug?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you create a 3 minute long video with the stats using Windows Task Manger or the Mac version of Task Manager if you are on a Mac. The video will show you what I am talking about. 

https://youtu.be/pE6t1ryanO4

This video shows how to enable and disable Intel's Quick Sync for playback and rendering.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Tom5D64 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had a similar issue recently, with a project loaded: does the CPU usage decrease if you change the view for your imported media (bottom left corner) so that thumbnails are not shown? Verified this to be the issue on at least two machines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0