• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 Closed Captioning -- HELP!

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ---

Forgive the question -- I have check the forums and whatever help there was didn't work,

I need to make a series of videos w/ either 608 or 708 Closed Captioning.  When I made captions, I would make new captions, then sidecar to SRT file.

This time, I made new captions (1st try was 608 / 2nd try was 708), I saw the captions in the Program monitor w/ no issues.  When I render to either QT or OP1a, I would select "EMBED IN OUTPUT FILE".  Then I would check in VLC and NO CC.

Am I missing a step?  Should I be using a different viewer?  "Burn Captions Into Video" works OK --- Cannot do that w/ these videos.

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your actual delivery requirement? Some users say embed plays back in VLC, but i have not succeeded.

You can test by reimporting to PR with "import caption" on.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan ---

Checking w/ company now, who will playout all the files in a "virtual convention".  I exported the files and had Premiere re-import it back into the project.  I was able to see the final video piece in V1 and the captioning in V2.

If VLC does not work for playing out closed captioning, what would you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use VLC with srt sidecar; turn on or off.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines