Premiere Pro 2020 constant crashing

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP Hello all, long story short, every time I work on a project everything is going great, playback is good and then all of a sudden playback will stop but audio will continue utnil I stop it. Once I stop the clip I can no longer add any new footage to the timeline or play anything back at all. This all ends in me trying to close premiere which gives me the beach ball loading icon and eventually leads to me having to force quit premiere. I have read other forums on this and have reset my prefrences and cleared my cache multiple times. I have also tried working on a seperate projects with completely different footage to see if it was a problem with one of the files but no matter what footage I use or what project I am in this happens every time I edit after about 15-20 minutes of working. All other adobe apps are working excellent for me (photoshop and lightroom). I am at a complete loss at this point, do you guys think is this a computer problem or a premiere problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 1

Side note: I am using a 2020 27inch iMac, 8core, amd 5700xt, and 32gb of ram 

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crash issue. Please check if any crash log is saved on the system. If so, send us a download link for the log file. It will help us to diagnose the issue properly. Also, please send a screenshot of the Audio Hardware preference window of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more