Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 Constant Freezing

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently i bought a ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-9700K - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER - 2TB HDD + 512GB SSD All that was installed on the computer was Modern Warfare: Warzone and now Premiere Pro 2020. I played the game 3 days in a row and had no problem at all. Yesterday i opened up Prremiere Pro the 2020 version and was editing for about 3 hours with auto save on and then it randomly froze... i clicked CTL + ALT + DEL and it was still frozen, i then clicked ESC twice... and was still frozen, causing me to now have to shut the PC down. When i went back in after a full resart all my progress was gone except what i did in the first 30 min on the app. For the next hour i tried opening up all auto saves... nothing there, while doing this the app froze about 4 more times and i had to restart again.

Lastly, i tried opening a new project uploaded all my videos put them in the sequence and it was running for about 20 min and then froze AGAIN, causing me to restart. 

I guess my question is , is this my Brand New PC or Premire Pro 2020? Also, can this be fixed?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia STUDIO driver installed, not the Game driver.

NVIDIA Studio Driver | 460.89 | Windows 10 64-bit

Depending of what kind of source files you are editing spinning drives are not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines